Mix n match
Years ago

Status of Westernports Big V program

Hearing that they have serious financial issues, the men and YL are not looking very competitive at this stage and the women will be middle of the pack.

Can any on shed any light on this?

Topic #38719 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is it is pretty much a done deal but the club is going to hold out until January to see if they can save it and run a scaled down, low cost, basic big v program

Although they would still have to pay the entry fees as it is past the AGM, they would save thousands on court hire, game day staff, equipment, coach and player payments

IMO they should pull it for a year or two and evaluate once their finances are sorted. No point putting the entire association under strain to just keep Big V program there. They will still have CBL

Reply #571772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously I'm saying they pulling out

Reply #571773 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

The question is what were the board and administrator doing while all this was going on....I agree pull out until they get there house in order. A six figure debt is a significant amount and will take some time to claw it back.

Reply #571786 | Report this post

Dwayne Pipe  
Years ago

SO....
SP - Lost YLM, now men.
WP - May lose all 3 teams.
Mornington - Nearly lost all 4 teams(Club decision)
Frankston - Cut their two YL teams.

Couple more years there wont be any teams left on or around the Peninsula....

Reply #571831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was no to spend as much as they did on their Men's program this year. Paying players who were ok at D2 but not great

Could of saved a heap of money right there

I believe Manny had a year left, did they pay him out?

Reply #571846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was no to spend as much as they did on their Men's program this year. Paying players who were ok at D2 but not great

Could of saved a heap of money right there

I believe Manny had a year left, did they pay him out?

Reply #571847 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Any chance the clubs in crisis, if in fact they are, down on the Peninsula can get together and sit down to work out a collaborative strategy that cab benefit them all?

Reply #571892 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

...can benefit them...

Reply #571893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where do these rumours start? No; Western Port are not pulling out any Big V teams. The mens team lost Manny which is obviously a big one, but they will still be competitive and will make final - kenny had made a habit of taking teams with less talent and making them contenders. The association is not in crisis financially or administratively

Reply #572007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754