Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Tonight's Game In Adelaide Sold Out

On twitter, they tweeted this with a photo saying sold out.

"Officially tonights game is a sell out! #PackedHouse #GoSixers #36ersNation #NBL #Hardball @NBL @MelbUnitedHQ "

Great for the NBL, it should have a great atmosphere!

Topic #38720 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Pretty sure this hasn't happened since Brett Maher's retirement game (?). Great signs for the Sixers and the league.
Probably helps that everyone is on holidays and it's our only home game for like 4 weeks.
I got pretty crap seats compared to normal. Not even mad.

Reply #571780 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the GF series two years ago had a sellout but the last regular season one might go back that far.

Reply #571783 | Report this post

Years ago

was a similar game last season sold out ?

Reply #571785 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Confirmed on both Twitter & Facebook.
Magnificent news.

Last times were Brett Maher's farewell + GF game a couple of seasons ago.

Reply #571788 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That's awesome. Good stuff, Adelaide.

(Now fingers crossed for a game that's worthy of all the support)

Reply #571793 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Great news. Adelaide's a good basketball town, not as good as Perth tho but still good. Go Radelaide. Whats stadium capacity?

Reply #571801 | Report this post

Years ago

Reply #571802 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

More like 7500 in its current configuration. The baseline at one end is usually retracted for a sponsors area. Also, 8000 I think includes capacity standing areas.

Reply #571804 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Capacity is 8.5k according to the 36ers' Twitter.

Reply #571809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like 7.5k.

It used to hold 8,000 was re-done to 7,800 now they've cut off a baseline section so would be fortunate to hold 7.5k.

Reply #571810 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Game attendance was 7,641

Reply #571816 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's a brilliant attendance! Absolutely sensational!

Reply #571873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the overall game night experience like? Did they step up their game during the breaks and keep the crowd engaged?

Reply #571876 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

That's sensational.
Considering how many complaints I read about the venue, scoreboard, location, etc.

I haven't checked the numbers but based purely on eyeball I reckon some of Perth's crowds would have struggled to top that.

I am doubly surprised given the timing. Lot of Christmas functions, late-night shopping, etc this time of year.

Did they do anything special to promote this game?

Reply #571878 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"I haven't checked the numbers but based purely on eyeball I reckon some of Perth's crowds would have struggled to top that."

You really do have an interesting relationship with reality, don't you?

And honestly, I have no idea how you managed to turn this into a Perth-bashing thread.

Reply #571882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$10 game tickets in one of the poorest and highest unemployed stateat did the trick. Along with Randles interaction with kids at school 'So you think you can play' session drawing interest and pester power. . Holidays help as well. Attendance this year has been down well below the last few years until this game and were looking like the Marty Clarke era due to the prices and midweek games not suiting Adelaide' specific issues such as stadium location, sport trainings, games and local basketball commitments. Along with high ticket prices in a community with economic woes the new schedule has been bad for the Sixers and appalling revenue for the club. Lets hope the cheaper tickets keep coming now. The rest obviously helped too after some horror turnarounds earlier and injury woes. Most of all everyone wants to see Goulding get beat after his oscar winning flops and antics over the years. Can't underestimate that draw card.. DJ back on track and working with Randles is what was needed too. Adelaide loves DJ and genuinely want to see him succeed. To see him qllowed to be the scorer and not carry all the defensive burden, although he took those 16 rebounds, to see him at the elbow and on the perimeter to shoot where he has always been able to hit and get over the top with his height was just what the team has been missing. Very happy this has been addressed. Now teams have 2 players to worry about and draw defence and Joey can bring in more secondary plays off the ball. Exciting to think what may happen next if they can continue this perimeter strength. especially with Ere and Teys being able to knock them down as well.

Reply #571883 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Good for you S.A. Well done and keep it going, as a Victorian but an NBL and basketball lover I believe we can build on this season and the future is as bright as bright can be...

Reply #571897 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

No pun intended!

Reply #571898 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Attendance this year has been down well below the last few years until this game and were looking like the Marty Clarke era."

Last year's pre-Christmas crowds:

This year's:

Quick calculations say an increase of about 500 per game this season.

Reply #571901 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Nope, up until last nights game it is actually up only 200 in total over the first 8 games.

That can be attributed to nothing more than the offers of $10 tickets over a period of time and in advance. Last season, reduced tickets were only offered for happy hour periods with limited advertising and availability. This would suggest that this season the numbers were well down and the need to enhance offers to reach last seasons games. If it was the 500 per game you suggest then it would be 1600 variation.

Everyone needs to understand when someone criticises or makes an assumed negative comment they may just be identifying that an issue needs to be looked at with a different perspective to highlight issues that should be addressed for the longevity of the club..

The numbers should be much much higher if the new NBL has been success for this states team the Sixers. IF not then why not. THe schedule may be an issue and ticket pricing for a lower socioeconomics and stadium location. That is all. If this is ignored then growth will not occur that is needed to sustain the club long term

Recommendation. More cheap tickets and offers and less weeknight schedules.

Reply #571905 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

So up 200 is now "well below the past few years"? It's a bit hot to be lugging those goal posts around.

Reply #571906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recommendation. Shut up you idiot

Reply #571907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul you are missing one home game from this season how about disclosing that when quoting the average

Reply #571909 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

People need to stop arguing trivia. Simple fact is this was a good result for the 6's and the NBL. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Reply #571917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I rather we actually _play_ trivia.

Reply #571919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There it is. Someone puts up wrong facts to exaggerate. Someone calls it out and provides rationale for a lesser improvement than the ovestated and this person is the idiot !!! Really... It is not trivia it is pointing out that before everyone gets excited be cautious about overstating the impact the new NBL leadership is having on the Sixers and then you miss the opportunity to make a real improvement that is sustainable long term. Yes it was fantastic last night and yes Randle was great and all the rest but the club and NBL have to know facts and trivia to make a long term plan and succession planning. If you think it is being nevative or an idiot, fine. Glad you are not one of the decision makers. Have a nice Christmas.

Reply #571935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754