Anonymous
Years ago

Round 12: Sell-Out City!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/larry-kestelman-says-nbls-round-12-crowd-numbers-are-a-game-changer-for-basketball/story-fnug4sup-1227690649069

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-is-on-course-for-a-return-to-the-glory-days/news-story/b66a7837c1ff16955d24935016557a12

Couple of articles about how the NBL is "back" with crowds starting to return. Hail hail Kestelman!

Topic #38738 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Haha this is the upside of News Corp running the NBL website and broadcasting all the matches, they're incentivised to pump up their investment

Reply #572189 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, I guess as NBL fans we are used to being completely ignored in the media.
Lately we're getting more coverage but some of it is bordering on being patronising ... or maybe that's just in my head.
Either way, I'll take it. Channel Ten/One was just hopeless the way it failed to promote its own product. Fox are giving it a red hot crack, and giving it every chance to succeed.

Oh, and yes the healthy crowds were great to see this round. The open air game in particular was a big winner.

Reply #572194 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Does any one know what the TV numbers have been as of recently?

Reply #572199 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Would be great to see the Wildcats make the return bout on 29 Jan an open air game too.

Reply #572200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754