Anonymous
Years ago

Are Townsville crowds on the rise again?

Of course we all saw how small they were in the early round so really the only way was up but i did note the noisiness in that big comeback win vs Adelaide and have heard tonights game is approaching sell out status. Would be great to see as i remember the days when Townsville was an automatic sell out regardless of how good the team was.

Topic #38754 | Report this topic

Haz  
Years ago

Looks like the Crocs crowds have increased a bit over the season, though I don't know what the numbers are exactly - the NBL have been pretty bad at consistently releasing crowd numbers this season.

Overall, just by looking at the crowds on TV, and the few actual crowd figures mentioned, it looks like attendances have been pretty good generally from an overall league point of view.

Hope Townsville can continue to build and get their fans back on board to stay in the league. Would love for a 9 team comp next year with Brisbane back.

Reply #572415 | Report this post

Fworld  
Years ago

2,795 was the boxing day crowd. First published figures this season.

Reply #572416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it was roughly 3.5k last night. What's the capacity?

Reply #572427 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think just over 4000 in the set-up the've got this year, just over 5000 in the full set-up (of course, used to be 5257 ... every week!).

Reply #572437 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754