Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Kings v Taipans, 2 Jan

This one could be fun
Josh Childress is back, Brandt has hit form, and so has Garlepp.
Cairns beat NZ without Starks and Weigh, and they'll have confidence coming into this match up.

Sydney spanked Cairns at the start of the season, but then Cairns picked up a W against Sydney Later on....

My prediction:
Cairns by 5+

Topic #38763 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will markel play?

Reply #572479 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I doubt they would risk him in this one. Cairns should get this if they play like they did on NYE, Sydney can't put it together for 4x quarters consistently.

Reply #572483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz garlepp sure travels a lot out there

Reply #572489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz the taipans offense without Starks takes us back to the days when nbl games regularly finished in the 60s

Reply #572490 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Who's commentating alongside Vossy tonight?

Reply #572491 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Disregard, can now see it's Harvey. Missed the start of the telecast.

Reply #572492 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

19/4 Kings run in the 2nd. Taipans kidding right. This could get ugly

Reply #572493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaun Bruce and the taipans generally remind me of a team of play at the rec center on a weeknight. No one who can create anything just passing the ball around aimlessly hoping the defense falls asleep and gives them an open jumpshot.

Reply #572494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank goodness Dan Ewing has finally buttoned up his shirt after three quarters of a season

Reply #572495 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Wow. Can Taipans make a shot. It's like watching under 10's play. Can the Kings hold on tonight?

Reply #572497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns D is very solid but their offense is the worst in the league without a creative room attacking point guard. Makes for some very ugly viewing. Wortho with multiple air balls too on some of the rare good looks created. Making burston initiate on dribble hand offs is laughable stuff too

Reply #572498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a horrific offensive player loughton is

Reply #572499 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Do you understand how much a international 20ppg player costs....

Reply #572508 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not a pretty first half outside of some nice blocks from Craig, but an entertaining second half.

Liked the changes the Kings made tonight - Chill handling the PG duties to start the game with Thornton coming in at backup PG.

Thornton had a couple of questionable shot attempts, but generally his aggression going to the basket either gets an assist or a 50/50 (usually a 10/90 in his case unfortunately) decision on a drive. He tries to split on the screens a little too much, but I think he's probably our best ball handler and next best passer to Chill.

Brandt is turning into a monster, too. Tries to throw it down any time he has it in the key, hustles for boards, blocks, and loose balls. Hope he's signed through next year.

Reply #572510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just watched the game on Gem, Childress is still a star and I really liked what I saw from Brandt. Give me that kind of energy & hunger over a more talented player like Khazzouh anyday.

Reply #572546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754