Isaac
Years ago

Magic: Simmons best all-round player since LeBron

Magic Johnson on Twittter:

LSU's Ben Simmons is the best all around player I've seen since LeBron James came out of high school straight to the NBA!
Whatever team selects Ben Simmons, will be getting a player that will have an immediate impact on their squad!

Worth noting that Magic is broadly parodied as making some pretty obvious statements. But this still made ABC's news feed in recent days along with a lot of other news sources (The Guardian, USA Today, The Age, etc).

Simmons' stats in his last five games have been (P/R/A):

14/10/3 (easy win)
36/14/4
21/12/2
23/5/6
24/9/7

You can bookmark his game log here if you're keen to follow his progress.

Topic #38792 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Hopefully he stays healthy. Could be anything!

Reply #572927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he does not get to much pressure on him to early, let him flourish.

Reply #572928 | Report this post

"Worth noting that Magic is broadly parodied as making some pretty obvious statements."

Maybe he posts he under the name ROFLcopter;

"Could be anything!"

Reply #572929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should sit the rest of the season with an "injury" Kyrie style to avoid injury!

Let's be honest he don't want to go to Philly, Lakers, Pheonix but In Boston would be the ultimate landing spot, great management, great young coach and awesome supporter base could be a mega star in that market.

Reply #572935 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

No hyperbole: if Simmons ever learns to consistently hit jump shots, then he could become one of the best players in the world.

Reply #572937 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agreed that Boston would be a great spot for him. I've got my fingers crossed! Hoping for another Lopez injury to make sure ;-)

Long-term LA would probably be okay too, but it would annoy me having to support the Lakers for the next decade!

Philly doesn't deserve him after four years of tanking and I'd be disappointed to see Simmons stuck on that team with the losses piling up and too much pressure early on for him to turn things around.

Reply #572938 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

LA would be perfect for him if not for the horrible ownership group and coach. This 'Kobe farewell tour' thing they are doing this year is every bit as bad as the Sixers rebuild, especially because they are doing it to the detriment of the development of Russell and Randle.

Boston would be the dream spot for him with his style of play I think. Stevens would be able to do great things with his skillset.

Reply #572940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Boston land top 3 they have assists I could see them trade up to 1 to get him.

Lakers are poorly coached and the buss kids are lucky dad built the empire & brand as they have no idea.

Reply #572945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons will be a MVP

Reply #572946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Few rumours aboutboston possibly trading that Brooklyn pick for Cousins....its been mentioned a few times on podcasts.

Reply #572947 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"If Simmons ever learns to consistently hit jump shots, then he could become one of the best players in the world."

This. Perhaps 'the' best player.

Reply #572950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is his jumpshot looking at this stage? I think besides a free throw I don't think I've really seen him attempt mid to long range shots. From memory his ft stroke doesn't look very good

Reply #572972 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Seems more of a confidence thing than anything else. It's not like his mechanics are broken or anything - ie. he's not Kidd-Gilchrist - so I'm not too worried about it.

Reply #572975 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Rumours about Cousins are always there. I think Ainge would trade for him if he could, but Sacramento are doing just enough to keep him atm.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Cousins on the Celtics, but I'm not sure you can win a title with him as he's limited defensively with his lack of hops and shot-blocking. You'd need to find a pretty athletic stretch 4 to cover his weaknesses.

I think in a perfect world I'd prefer the Celtics snag Simmons with the Nets pick this year and then look to add an established star in free agency in one of the next two off-seasons.

Reply #572995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Philly to get Simmons.
Brett brown also brings delly over and gets 1 of Dunn, hield, Valentine or Murray through trade.

Reply #572999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Stephen Curry, paul?

Reply #573010 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Knicks to sign him before the draft and trade Melo away for an actual team. Phil coming out of retirement

Reply #573013 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon, Curry is about to turn 28. By the time Ben starts to hit his peak Steph will likely be well past his.

Reply #573019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754