Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v Sixers, Jan 8th

Sixers haven't played much ball over the last month and the Breakers are hotter than a secret week in Bali with your mistress, paid for on Jamie Briggs's credit card.

Its a big game for Vukona for plays his 350th tonight so I wish him all the best and may he get a few easy boards to celebrate.

This game is the Breakers to lose. There's a lot of cards falling in place for them and at home, they are a very firm 8 and 1. Negotiating a win in Auckland is like negotiating the end of year shopping crowds whilst trying to drink a latte without spilling a drop. Sixers are 2 and 6 on the road and if you want to be in the top 4, you really need to be close to to 0.400 on the road.

The Sixers have Creeky back tonight and should expect a few soft calls on Mika Vuokona's opponent. After all, the big fella deserves a few soft ones on his milestone. Don't worry if you get fouled out Peach, just par on the course tonight.

The Sixers really need to be out of the blocks early to have any chance. Webster will be on song early (just like Nikki....) and the battle between him and the Ant Man will be worth the cost of admission. Around the key, the Peach-Vukona battle will be another cracker as well as DJ v Pledgehammer. DJ may be a little more slippery and win on the scoreboard but I think Pledgehammer will win the OR battle.

As you know, I never tip against the Sixers, so Let's Go Sixers.

Topic #38796 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Wow. Randle hits Ebi with a nice pass at the basket in the dying seconds of the 1st Q, Ebi blows a wide open layup, Breakers board and then Cedric with the halfcourt 3 on the buzzer, so we're 23-25 Sixers instead of 20-27... could end up being big if this stays close.

Reply #572956 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

Sadly I am one of the 70 something percent of the population that the nbl and for that matter the Adelaide 36ers have chosen to exclude from being full supporters of their team. I would love nothing more than to sit back and watch the game probably now started but,

I HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED AS BEING TOO POOR TO MATTER APPARENTLY.

THATS RIGHT I DONT HAVE FOXTEL!

Neither will I watch it on a 2" screen.

As much as I will be at every home game I don't matter, like the majority of Australia.

As a supporter of the sixers not mattering really sucks!

In a few years as has happened in the past people will say, 36ers, who are they.

Well i'll just get my glass back to half full and go outside and watch the chickens.

Go Sixers!

Reply #572957 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not really the Sixers fault that free-to-air isn't willing to give the NBL even 25% of as good a deal as Foxtel did. Download the NBL app. Or get Foxtel Play. Neither is free, but they're both cheaper than Foxtel.

Reply #572958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Hardball to describe the NBL is the biggest oxymoron i have ever heard.

Reply #572960 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

#hardtoavoidfoultroubleifyoureapostplayerwhochallengeshots

Reply #572961 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Great job by the worst ref in the NBL, awarding FTs to the wrong Breaker.

Reply #572962 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

So whats happening in New Zealand?

In the back yard its really interesting, my big proud Cochin rooster Chris has just disrespected Mel my best hen and all the girls have run off and are avoiding him. Even the feral pigeons and spoggies are tweeting their hearts out. Boy is he in trouble.

Go Sixers

Reply #572963 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lucky you.
My day is a forgettable one so far, as the Adelaide 36ers have excluded me from being a part of that fun, by not providing me with neither a rooster nor any hens.
So I'm stuck at home watching basketball on tv.
It's a close one as we approach crunch time.

Reply #572964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #572965 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Top win, 6ers.

Reply #572966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge win for Adelaide. Creep up to one game behind NZ just quietly.

Reply #572967 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

Wow did the sixers really win, great!!!

In local news another of my hens, Adelle had a late lay (up) and on leaving the nesting box and assessing the Chris situation she crossed to the other side of the yard to avoid having to say hello!

Go Sixers!

Reply #572968 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Good to see we didn't come back rusty. Pretty important win that one.

Reply #572969 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I thought Joey's coaching was fantastic. Loved hearing his time outs. Great Win 36ers.

Reply #572971 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Breakers probably loved hearing them, too. ;)

Reply #572973 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ played with little intensity until the final quarter and never deserved to win. Kudos to Adelaide

Reply #572974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ is faltering at the wrong time.

Reply #572990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a major bug in the NBL app on iOS that lets you watch every game for free and removes restrictions on AirPlay to a proper tv. It only checks these things on startup so if you don't have an Internet connection when launching the app, everything in it is unrestricted

So anyone can watch!

Reply #572997 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Sadly I am one of the 70 something percent of the population that the nbl and for that matter the Adelaide 36ers have chosen to exclude from being full supporters of their team."

On that logic, the NBL and Adelaide have excluded 100% of the population from being full supporters of their team until this year.

There has never been a deal where every game was on TV, let alone FTA TV. This year the NBL is on FTA and STV for the first time since 2001.

Reply #573006 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW, typically short thread after a 36ers win! Super performance, their defence was outstanding, doing things proactively and throwing NZ out of their offence.

They spread the floor very well at the other end too, Johnson completely outplaying Charles Jackson in a real statement performance. DJ loves playing NZ.

If Cedric Jackson produces form like that first half consistently the Breakers will miss the playoffs. If he plays like the second half more often they'll get back on track.

The top four is wide open now, the 36ers can win the series against Melbourne, Illawarra and NZ so their destiny in their own hands

Reply #573007 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Great win by the Sixers, and somewhat unexpected. DJ appears to have played a blinder.

Reply #573008 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

This is a great win but they must maintain it to have any hope of finals. Their games against Illawarra are qualification games so long as they knock off all the teams below them.

Reply #573014 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

AyJay,

What is the update on the chooks? Perhaps their weekly going ons could be provided in their own thread- "Keeping up with Ayjay's chooks"

Reply #573015 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

As I too don't have pay tv, I'm actually interested in ayjays chooks! I'm not a pheasant plucker.....

Reply #573016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will finish on top with a super easy draw, but everyother spot is wideopen.

Reply #573021 | Report this post

Anonomouse  
Years ago

I too, have no Foxtel. But I wasn't ridiculously cheap and paid the $60 for the NBL App

Reply #573022 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

BigAds

The situation was extremely tense in the back yard with the girls upset and the sixers game in the balance.

The tension became too much between the offended hens and poor dejected Chris, when suddenly our long lost family giant Brahma rooster missing since 1941 and believed to be walking the earth "appeared".

Cluck Norris had returned.

He took in the situation at a glance and let Chris live.

Cluck Norris glanced at me and he "knew"

Cluck looked towards the Tasman in the last minute of the game and the NZ Beakers were afraid to score.

Sixers to victory.

Adelle looked at Cluck Norris, recrossed the yard tweeting Hello is it me your looking for?

Peace returned to the hen house.

Go Sixers

Reply #573023 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Do you think the 6's can make the 4 from here? Or have they left their run too late?
Winning a split only helps if you manage to tie, so it would helps against the Hawks and/or NZ if there's a tie for 4th, but I can see them catching MU from here.

As someone mentioned, Breakers looking vulnerable at the wrong end of the season, really does keep the top 4 and the finals open.
If I am reading this right, Adelaide and Hawks still have 3 games to play, so that could almost become a battle for 4th spot.

Reply #573024 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm afraid the adventures of Cluck Norris may steal the NBL's spot on TV.

Reply #573026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754