Anonymous
Years ago

Is fearne a defensive genius?

Cairns appear to be locking teams up in record fashion in a year where scoring returned to high levels too. What makes fearnes system so good? Or are cairns just so ugly that they drag their opponents down a level?

Topic #38799 | Report this topic

Anonomouse  
Years ago

More of Column B than A. Plus they have a "rep" as being a Defensive Team so they can grab, hold, push more.

Reply #572992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A genius? No.

A good defensive coach? Yes.

A coach I was hoping would give the offensive reigns over to Gordie McLeod? Yes.

Has he done that? No.

Reply #572993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns actually giving up more points per game then anyone this year before this round.

Reply #572994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last couple of weeks has seen them lock up and throw away the key on New Zealand (66pts), Perth (61pts) and Townsville (61pts). Remarkable.

Reply #572996 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This year they have been a great defensive team at home and woeful on the road, so definitely no genius gongs for Fearne until he solves that issue.

The amount of physicality allowed in their recent games has helped keep opponents to low scores, and Cairns have been smart enough to exploit that.

Reply #573003 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

Has a 50% winning record overall in almost 200 games, never won a championship. He may be one, but needs to prove himself by winning a championship

Reply #573020 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Something I have always found weird, is teams that only seem to turn on the frantic defence when they really need it. I suppose there are reasons for that.
Cairns seem to have been able to make it work at home at least. I don't think there's any genius in there, they just (at times) play great harassing defence and it works against some teams.

Reply #573041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Cairns are 6th. No is the answer.

Reply #573045 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754