Lyn Wieland
Years ago

Notes of appreciation

In the general trend that very few times, do any of us say thanks.

Many of us, me included are often ready to put voice to a complaint but don't put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard or simply say "THANKS FOR THAT"

I'd like to start a thread where we can leave a vote of thanks to someone.

Starting firstly with Isaac, Libertine, Double Clutch and Hoops Addict for their time and effort with this site.

The many posters like Moses Guthrie who make me look for their posts and often smile.

I'd also like to thank all the games commissioners out there who have made the games run seamlessly, it isn't easy getting people organised and games running on times. Finding air horn's fixing foul lights at the last minute. Pasadena for giving us on the scoretable cream biscuits with our coffee. Starplex for their cappucinos. Anyone around the Dome on game night knows how much effort moving tables and chairs and backboards around goes into getting the venue ready.

To Woodville both men and women who have given me a season of basketball worth watching. The women have improved greatly, it might not appear it from the outside but from one who sees them most weeks I expect bigger things from them next season. And the men, say no more!

My fellow scoretable and stats officials who give up their saturdays and sundays are a joy to work with and it is very good to see new eager faces. Judy Smith does a marvelous task with STOP rostering.

For the referee's & evaulators (and yes you'll groan I do have a bias here. You'll note by the name there is a connection :))thanks for being there for us all.

Anyone else wish to give a vote of thanks to anyone from the door keepers to the canteen ladies or barman please feel free to add your bit.

BUT please let us make this an appreciation thread.

Please take your negatives elsewhere.

Topic #3880 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'd like to thank my beautiful wife for being so pregnant that I can't travel to Adelaide this weekend to a) see the Showdown which I have tickets for or b) to see the ABL Final.

Reply #45290 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Twins Moses?

Thanks to Isaac and the moderators for the site - gives me a basketball outlet during the day whilst sitting at my desk.

Thanks to DC for the much loved "Whats Hot/Whats Not"

And finally thanks to all those that have disagreed with my comments - healthy debate allows me to form refined opinions.

Reply #45295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks to Allan and Jamie for their hospitality at Starplex in June. Thanks to the coaches and stats people who've forwarded boxscores (specifically Billy Hopkins and Peter Hodgkison). To everyone who posts positive opinions or constructive criticism. To everyone who has nicely requested removal of a post without mentioning their lawyers. To DC for creating the popular Hot/Not list, and his array of amusingly named sidekicks for supporting him. To the ticket woman at Pasadena for ABL games. To DJ for the steaks, Darren for the shoes, and Joey Jeremiah - because Voula just isn't cool enough...

Reply #45298 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I to would like to thank all my fellow game night volunteers, because with out them, there would be no scoring, no stats..no game set up, no door person, no canteen, no bar (at those venues that have one)...etc.

Also to all other club volunteers who maybe dont work at an ABL game, but wprk at juniors, or the other div seniors games, those who work behind the scenes at clubs, those who serve on committee's etc.

I would like to also send a personal thanks to Pat, who has been my partner in crime in stats for Woodville for the last 2 seasons, who is giving away the stats. Also a big thankyou to the ABL/WNBL/NBL stats people who have giv en me all the encouragement and help I have needed.

Thank you to you all, but the biggest thanks to our refs, who get abused on here constantly (sometimes even by me)....thanks for a great job guys and girls!

And thanks to Lyn for starting this thread :)

Reply #45299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge thanks should go to Paul Bell for what he has done in his role in the Academy, as well as being proactive in providing a great radio show in Talking Hoops and soon to be Hoops TV on Channel 31 for little or no return.
Just shows what a little get up and go as well as passion for the sport of basketball in this state can do.
Methinks an obvious replacement to run the 36ers marketing, he seems to be doing for them anyway!

Reply #45300 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well remembered and I agree!

Reply #45301 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

twins Moses you can call them power & crows

Reply #45303 | Report this post

Thanks Mum  
Years ago

I would like to thank all the parents that shuffle their numerous children to numerous basketball games and trainings every week.

Without willing parents, there would not be a junior competition.

Reply #45311 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I'd like to thank Isaac for all the time he puts into this, Leonie at Pasadena stadium, and everybody he was there for me when I was sick last yr! Cheers!

Reply #45313 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Thanks to all the refs that enable us to play this great game.

Thanks to Magic, MJ and Larry for the memories.

Coaches that give their time freely.

Phil and Steve for making the 6ers great again. Brett.

The State government for forgiving BASA the debt on the Powerhouse (we can live in hope).

Thank you for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Billy Conolly.

Isaac for giving us this magnificent web site.

Reply #45322 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

I just want to hug someone....(sob!)

Reply #45342 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'd like to thank Moses for offering to give me his showdown tickets, I can not thank him enough for his generosity..hint hint.

Reply #45350 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Big thank you must go out to all the team managers who put in there time. To all the coaches who spend there time coaching and putting up with parent's complaints through out the season. To all the committee's who put countless hours in to each club.

I think a HUGE thank you should go out to Colin Thompson which organises the whole district comp with no help.

And to all the ref's who get abused on this site and at stadiums. With out you guys, the game would never start.

Parent's who run around to training and games and are forever opening there wallet's every time they walk into a basketball stadium. Thank you for keeping the sport a float.

Reply #45372 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Id like to thank myself, just becuase i do. oh and all the people that keep this site up and running - keep up the good work.

Reply #45375 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Just to reiterate what has already been said, I'd like to thank the following

Isaac and his team of moderators
All umpires and coaches for their time and knowledge
The other, less glorified, officials and parents
The players, hoops posters and the fans for keeping this forum so entertaining

Reply #45578 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Sorry Panther. No Showdown tickets for you. I asked Kelly and he said you should be at the ABL final to see what winning teams look like. ;-)

Reply #45817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754