Luuuc
Years ago

Taipans vs United - Jan 13

Game well underway.
Probably falls into the category of a "must-win" for the Taipans

Topic #38819 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Am I the only one who thinks Goulding's shooting is overrated? Probably as I say this CG will catch fire.

The commentators seem to hold him in this category as far and away the best shooter in the league.

He doesn't make my top 5 shooters in the league. Could argue that he isn't in the top 8.

Certainly a beast scorer though and love watching him play.

Reply #573375 | Report this post

Anonymoose  
Years ago

Aylen doesn't seem to like him. Hugged on the drive for no FT's. Then fouled pretty obviously on the shot to end the 1st and nothing again. Stuff like that changes your %'s big time.

Having said that he does speculate a lot.

Reply #573376 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Goulding isn't the best shooter in the league - only seems to be an average catch-and-shoot player. He's probably among the best shooters off the dribble - Randle and Webster would round out the top 3 in that department in some order.

Reply #573378 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Congrats Wortho on 300. He's a polarising player and I've spent about 90% of his career despising him, but now he's on my team I see the value he adds.

His defence in particular this year has been outstanding.

Reply #573383 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

re. Goulding, I think if Melbourne's offence was better he would have a higher shooting percentage. As it stands, a lot of his shots are forced. I think he actually performs really well in that context relative to other players due to his confidence.

If he could just fix his attitude I'd enjoy watching him more, I just don't like his continual banter with the refs.

Reply #573384 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Solid win from United....

Reply #573386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CG.. good player just has a very punchable face

Reply #573389 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I reckon CG43 is great for the league. He is flashy, cocky, can be brilliant at times. He has personality which give fans something to love or loath.
The last thing the NBL needs is a bunch of whitewashed robots who play within any expectations and without the passion that engages fans, the media and sponsors.
Heis definitly not "toogood for this league", but is he the type of player / personality that will create interest in the league.

Re Wortho until his season with United last season I thought he was the best Aussie in the league. Now he missing so many open shots and looks like he's just playing for a pay cheque.

Reply #573395 | Report this post

greybuoy  
Years ago

Melbourne! United, finally.
'Oorright?'

Reply #573406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to disagree with you Swish. Tbh I can't stand Wortho, but I thought last night that he was singlehandedly keeping Cairns in the game. His usual fake hustle appeared to be genuine last night.

Reply #573419 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Crossing my fingers to see Craig get out of Cairns and with another NBL team - just as a general NBL fan.

He could be scary legit but Fearne's system is so restrictive.

An ADL 1-2 of Randle and Craig = mouthwatering.

When Craig played in Wellington Mills said he was the most talented import he has ever had - and he has had some damn good ones.

Reply #573439 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I suspect Craig's value has gone up a lot this season so the Taipans probably won't be able to afford to retain him, as much as I'd love to keep him.

Reply #573449 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Forgot to mention, Chemist warehouse gave out free backpacks for everyone with some stuff including a shirt and chance for $10,000 last night, so if you like free stuff get on down to your home game this heritage round!

Reply #573451 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Very nice lineup
Johnson / Hodgson
Petrie / Walker
Craig* / Creek
Madgen / Teys
Randle* / Sobey

Reply #573470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754