Wilson Sting
Years ago

Delly - Dirtiest player in the NBA

Just read this one, ANZ making the top 3.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-dirty-players-20160117-story.html.

I think this excerpt sums it up best:
"He ain't dirty. He just plays hard," said an old-school East assistant coach. "See, guys resent people that play hard because they don't want to play hard. So if a guy plays hard, he's dirty. He's not dirty. He just plays hard. "

Topic #38834 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Woohoo! Delly #1 in the NBA!

Reply #573797 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just highlights the lack of genuine intensity in the majority of NBA games, these three stand out for just playing hard and putting their bodies on the line.

Reply #573801 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

What a load of garbage. The quote included in the OP sums it up perfectly.

Reply #573803 | Report this post

King Podge`  
Years ago

what an absolute steaming turd of an article...... to me it reads 'soft American millionaires affronted by foreigners who out work them.'

Reply #573814 | Report this post

Ben Sam  
Years ago

Players hate having their legs taken out? which could end their career?.... yeah you are right, they must be soft

Reply #573821 | Report this post

"to me it reads 'soft American millionaires affronted by foreigners who out work them.'"

It was written by a D. Trump. He wants a wall built around Delly.

Reply #573822 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Ben Sam, he wasn't doing anything to deliberately take out the legs of the players (I haven't gone back to look at any footage but that's what I recall). He's just getting after the ball. As soon as someone gets injured they want to find someone to blame rather than accepting it as an accident.

At absolute worst you might call it reckless (at times), but that's not dirty.

Reply #573825 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

That is laughable. The journalist did a non-independent poll of the only 24 'coaches, assistants and players' in the league that the journalist knew or could contact.

In a league of 450 players, 30 head coaches and who knows how many assistants, that is well less that 5% of the total pool. No credibility whatsoever.

Reply #573827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would've thought that dirty play was grabbing/holding singlets, ball-grabbing (Reggie Evans), untying shoelaces (JR Smith), etc.

Reply #573834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754