Isaac
Years ago

Breakers GM set to leave for Bullets

Breakers GM Richard Clarke has been with the club for 10+ years but is reportedly set to leave and take up a position with the Brisbane Bullets, working with ex-Breakers Andrej Lemanis and CJ Bruton.

Supposedly this will be announced tomorrow.

Topic #38835 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nice pickup, has done great things at the Breakers. Hopefully can help get the Bullets off and running again in Brissy. League will need them to be successful... within the rule books ofcourse this time haha

Reply #573810 | Report this post

"within the rule books ofcourse this time haha"

Just like he did with the Breakers?

Reply #573813 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im clearly making reference to the Eddy Groves days. I dont think the Breakers have ever really been in that Bullets ball park, no team which took advantage of the poorly policed NBL cap rules did. No need to turn this into a Breaker bashing if thats where your headed.

Reply #573817 | Report this post

I know what you're referencing. I'm facetiously saying with his past and the Bullets past, they're the perfect fit!

Reply #573820 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Half the current league would be over the cap. Some teams closer to 2x than 1x.

Reply #573833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no marquee cap so its all but impossible to prove it now. The NBL has less power than it did previously.

Reply #573838 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Should the NBL start publicly announcing the salaries of players? You telling me Perth have never been over Chalmers?

Reply #573840 | Report this post

Yeah thats what I meant.

Reply #573841 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Most of the forum is over Chalmers. Ha!

Reply #573845 | Report this post

Hey Isaac, remember when you used to message me in private to get me to say things to stir other people, that you didn't have the balls to say yourself? Yeah exactly.

Reply #573850 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

I've thought for a while that some posters were made by Isaac to stir up interest. #illuminaticonfirmed

Reply #573853 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm not familiar with the Breakers' corporate structure, where does Clarke fit in?
Eg is he the equivalent of a Nick Marvin (MD) at Perth?

Naturally getting a good boss involved will be crucial to the Bullets Success, and presumably Clerke has picked up a thing or two about running a successful franchise.

Reply #573856 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Stir up other posters???

What's going on here, lol

Reply #573861 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

who else is leaving Breakers

Coach maybe

(I would use a question mark but that bloody button has stopped working)

Reply #573864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why didn't Sydney hire Clarke. He sounds like probably one of the top two GMs in the league

Reply #573865 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Who owns the Kings?

Reply #573866 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

As if Clarke would work for Sydney as they're currently set up!

Reply #573872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way too many people own the West Sydney Kings

Reply #573874 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

I'd be willing to bet we see Cedric Jackson in a Brisbane Bullets jersey next season too...

Reply #573899 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Cedric would be a waste when Gibbo/Rhys Martin will be our point guards.

Latest Boti piece has Bullets chasing Gibbo, Bubbles, Rhys, Brock Motum and Jawai.

The first four I'd say are good chances to be Bullets next season. Personally wouldn't be fond of Jawai. Seems to be struggling with fitness continually, and hasn't been the beast many people thought he'd be. Probs be overpaying him if he came over from Perth.

Reply #573904 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

Looks like Dean Vickerman is leaving the Breakers too. Massive exodus

Reply #573905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame that any new clubs entering for next season wont get the same benefits Brisbane are all ready getting.

Reply #573909 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chalmers, when was that - 5+ years ago and on a completely different site? I thought you would've appreciated the little joke.

Reply #573916 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Vickerman leaving. Wow.

Reply #573928 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MACDUB, created another thread for that.

Reply #573932 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dillon Boucher to take Clarke's place, Henare to replace Vickerman.

http://nzhoops.co.nz/vickerman-clarke-to-leave-breakers/

Reply #573934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754