What if
Years ago

WNBL Round 14

Impressive win away by Adelaide over Dandenong by 77 to 63 last night.

Good to see Adelaide compete hard on the boards and winning the OR 22 to 4 !
The team looked composed and the players seemed to enjoy themselves.

Who would have thought Lightening would beat Rangers at Dandenong ?

Topic #38867 | Report this topic

SamCro  
Years ago

I expect the Flames to fade out of the Top 4 now with Swords on the sideline for an extended period & Tinkle being allergic to defending the paint & taking the majority of her shots beyond the 3 point line. I wonder if the Flames could have there time over again & have kept Ruef instead of Tinkle? Bendigo pounded them on the rebounds last night & I expect most teams that they play will do the same also.

Reply #574611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra are not very good this season.

Reply #574643 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ Excellent observation there, anon!

Big win by Adelaide against the Rangers, who had no excuse not to be fully focussed given the big scrap we've got happening for top 4 spots.

I think the Lightning are more than a rough chance to knock off the Lynx tomorrow as well, given that Tomlinson and Lavey are both confirmed out. Looking forward to seeing what odds are offered.

Reply #574648 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Is the WNBL streamed like the NBL?

Reply #574657 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

No, but a TV deal is "imminent" ;)

(running joke)

Dandenong Rangers live stream most of their home games on YouTube, but other than that there is SFA.

Reply #574659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide beat Dandy because Dandy didn't respect them. Adl smashed them on the boards. MR was hitting everything she threw up and Bowen and standish killed em on the Off. Boards. Dandy's rotations are a mess now that more players are available. Dandy had no cohesiveness on the offensive end with the new combinations. You have to ask if they have enough time to gel again with such a close race. They still have Bunton to come back in. Not sure Adl can beat Lynx they have no answer for Sammy Whitcomb. Great season too bad it's not on TV

Reply #574666 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Not sure Adl can beat Lynx they have no answer for Sammy Whitcomb"

I'm not so sure about that. Our other perimeter threat and only point guard (Lavey) is out. Sami's workload today will be huge, her form in the last month has been solid but not great, and she's not at her best when she's forcing it. If Adelaide focus in on her they can definitely win this one. With Tomlinson out, I say advantage: Adelaide in the paint with Ruef & Standish vs Burton & Mijovic. They should be looking to get us into foul trouble. We've got very little off the bench with Edmondson & Mijovic presumably to be elevated into the starting 5.

Laney is going to be crucial to Perth's chances today. Fortunately she has been playing seriously good basketball while somehow still flying under the radar.

Perth $1.10
Adelaide $6.00
Line: -12.5 points

While I give Perth maybe a slight edge at home, those odds seem crazy to me. Too long for me to resist.

Reply #574670 | Report this post

Years ago

Had to miss adel v dandy due to junior tourney games (

Reply #574677 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"The JCU Townsville Fire has today announced that Tamara Tatham will miss the remainder of the 2015/16 Wattle Valley WNBL season through injury.
Prior to the Christmas break, Tatham was diagnosed with a stress fracture in her left shin."

http://wnbl.com.au/townsville_news/tatham-ruled-out-of-wnbl-season/

Reply #574678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sammy 15 5 & 5.. You were saying luuuc?

Reply #574697 | Report this post

No TV coverage, but Bendigo's home games broadcast live by Fresh FM 101.5 (web, tune in app).

As for Tinkle, a bit like Mijovic, allergy to the paint. Also built like Tarzan but plays like Jane (poor analogy but she has the size and strength to bang inside, but doesn't do it enough). The Flames missed Swords big time as they had no one to guard Richards (tinkle and Boag couldn't), which also on rotation, then freed up Griffin. Maybe a bit biased (as I see all her home games) but she is MVP in my mind. Just does what needs to be done. Highlight of the night was when she took a three, which missed but followed it in for the tip back two.

Reply #574699 | Report this post

Years ago

Mansfield awesome

Reply #574708 | Report this post

Years ago

If lightning can't re sign lelani - would love Mansfield as the 1 and Erin Phillips as the 2 for next season

Reply #574709 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Sammy 15 5 & 5.. You were saying luuuc?"

What do you mean?
I was saying the Lynx were no certainties and it panned out that way. It was neck and neck all the way, and thankfully a bit of "home court advantage" helped us get it done in the 4th.

Sami had to tone down her D a little due to foul trouble, but was solid at the other end. 15, 5 & 5 is a very standard Sami stat line. A little down on scoring, a little up on passing. Betnijah came up huge, just as we needed her to. 2 assists off a triple double. Spent most of the game in attack mode, and she was the difference in the end. Good game by Mijovic too. On form it should probably be her rather than Burton who stays in the starting 5 once Louella is healthy.
Wischer played probably her best game in a Lynx uniform providing some assistance in the paint.

We got badly beaten on the boards for most of the game (have to credit Adelaide's hustle for that, led from the front by Ruef as usual) but later in the game we at least stopped leaking o-boards and it helped a lot.

Not a typical fast-moving Lynx game. Very much a scrap. Relieved to escape with the points.

Reply #574711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do we have now four games left? What are the odds the Caps go for 0 wins all season?

Reply #574729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will win one game.. Either Vs. Adelaide or versus a playoff team resting starters. The coaches in this league would not allow a team to go without a win its bad for the league.. Not that they will throw the game but hey will give them advantage. Just my conspiracy theory

Reply #574734 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Can you believe the Caps persist with Wilson starting and playing so many minutes?
Last game: Almost 32mins played, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 T/O and 4 fouls, that's a captains performance if I have ever seen one.

Reply #574755 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

^ sorry that wasn't the last game but the game before, last game she had few minutes and 1 T/O.
Surely she will retire along with Bibby at seasons end.

Reply #574757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Wilson's form hasn't dropped off over the last few years. Those minutes and production numbers have been constant since around 2010.

Reply #574758 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

^ True, LOL

Reply #574801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They will win one game.. Either Vs. Adelaide or versus a playoff team resting starters. The coaches in this league would not allow a team to go without a win its bad for the league.. Not that they will throw the game but hey will give them advantage. Just my conspiracy theory"

I dunno, who wants to be known as the one team to lose to the Caps this season?

Reply #574825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo vs Dandenong 6:30pm tipoff - Livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odPTP3AOCg4&feature=youtu.be

Reply #575345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754