Dazz
Years ago

Wildcats v Taipans - 25th Jan - 6:30pm

Cairns could take the split with a win here, but that seems as irrelevant as it is unlikely.
Perth have banked everything on this run home, and I just have to hope the juggernaut keeps on rolling.

The last time they played in Perth, the Cats barely held on and only clawed their way into the lead in the dying seconds. If Cairns can bring some of the defensive intensity they show at home to this game, it could be another desperate struggle.
Of course last time they played in Perth, the Cats were without Martin, and he can make all the difference on D.
Both teams have similar depth and they match-up well. It will be interesting to see whether the game follows the usual home-game script, or whether Cairns can hang tough for 4 quarters.

I'm predicting a Perth win, but the margin is anybody's guess.

Topic #38872 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Perth need to control the tempo to win this game. Cairns have an knack of dragging teams to their slow grinding type of game. Perth need to also shut down Worthington, he seems to always play massive when he goes up against Perth.

Reply #574693 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Perth by 12

Reply #574705 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Cairns give up 15 points per game more and score 2 points less on the road than at home. Worst away record in the league (1W, 10L)

Perth give up 7 points less and score 9 points more at home than on the road. Best home record in the league (9W, 1L).

Perth will win.

Reply #574706 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

One of the things I liked against the Hawks, was that they were on-song from the tip-off. I don't want to see the Cats fall into a "we're unbeatable at home" mindset. Pride commeth before destruction.

Reply #574707 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

We're unbeatable at home this season vs Cairns.
Cats by double digits.

Reply #574715 | Report this post

jerry  
Years ago

Will be a low scoring game for sure. Two big frontlines and solid guards play. Having said that with Perth's depth and home court advantage I cant see the Snakes pulling off an huge upset.

Reply #574725 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

It wont be pretty at all, expect low scoring but Cats should put to rest Cairns playoffs hopes with a big win. Cairns were pretty bad the other night, and although they have showed glimpses, havent shown enough to beat a team like Perth this time of year on the road imo Still so annoyed they beat Adelaide in Adelaide, i just dont rate them.

Reply #574727 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Loving this round of games starting tonight. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Reply #574730 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Perth by stacks

Reply #574733 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Im not so sure it will be that easy for the Cats. Cairns still have a shot at the playoffs (a remote chance) so they will be absolutely desperate and will treat this like a grand final.

Wildcats are starting to get some form back, but have doubts that they are playing their best right now. I think the Cats will win - top spot is on the line for them so the incentive is there - but it won't be easy.

Perth by a few points in a struggle.

Reply #574742 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

It's Redhage's 350th Game tonight. I think the Cats will pull out the Birthday cake and blow Cairns out of the Water after some low scoring early quarters.

I also cant remember the last time the Wildcats had a Monday night game at home

Reply #574746 | Report this post

Game 1 of the 2013 GF, I think.

Reply #574747 | Report this post

I mean 2014.

Reply #574748 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I must have missed that.

Reply #574751 | Report this post

Really? Well we won...

Reply #574752 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

The Monday game, not the fact we Won :)

Reply #574759 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

If the snakes can bring some of their defensive intensity on the road, then the game will get tougher, but if the Cats continue their home form, they will demolish Cairns. Although I'm always reluctant to tip a big win, that's what we need. The Cats need to continue their home court dominance to finish on 20 wins.

Reply #574775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game one of the 2013 was between Cairns and the Breakers. Not sure what you are on about?

Reply #574778 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Cats need to win this one by at least 1 point for me to be satisfied with the result.

Reply #574784 | Report this post

#778, see where I corrected my error straight after posting the game was in 2013? That's what I was on about.

Reply #574788 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

From Twitter: WILDCATS ALERT: Casey Prather will miss tonight's game with hamstring tightness. He's expected to play on Friday.

Reply #574793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are saving him for the game that might decide who finishes on top against the United!

Reply #574795 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Do we have enough time to bring in Ennis as replacement?

Reply #574796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know why perth don't run that play for jawai more. That is money everytime.

Reply #574798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What in the world happens in the cats rooms at the half. It's like they comeout breathing fire.

Reply #574803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

11-0 run from the Taipans thanks to Jawai.

Reply #574804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Score update?

Reply #574805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth 64 - Taipans 54. 8 mins to go last

Reply #574806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks

Reply #574808 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Hire playing really well.

Reply #574810 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Who is the coach of Taipans? Looks like Gordie.

Reply #574811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good win by Perth despite missing Prather.

Reply #574812 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bit of a yawnfest, but I can't complain about a win minus Prather.

Reply #574817 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Game one of the 2013 was between Cairns and the Breakers. Not sure what you are on about?"
No it wasn't. Maybe make sure you're right before correcting people?

Reply #574819 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

OHHHHH no you didnt! Chalmers will love that.

Reply #574824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reality is despite a few mini runs the Taipans were never in it.

Reply #574826 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"The reality is despite a few mini runs the Taipans were never in it."

Sounds like the Taipans game vs NZ on Saturday night.

Reply #574831 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Was a odd game. Perth never looked like they would truly put Cairns away, yet Cairns never really looked like their runs were merely going to show effort without a result. Cats missed Prather, they run very thin on scoring punch. Luckily for them Hire actually made a shot and Martin had a huge season high of 11.

Reply #574832 | Report this post

Yeah I saw it. I let it slide ;-)

Reply #574835 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

You arnt wrong Kobe24. Whilst I enjoyed the win, there were times when I thought they might not win.

Reply #574836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the 11-0 run clearly showed that it was a yawnfest and the Taipans were never in it. WTF is up with the stupid comments.

Reply #574849 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It's a bit of a worry when you're reliant on Hire having a great game to win. Nice to see it though, hopefully it gives his confidence a boost.
Cairns were tough in patches, and at the end of the day Perth did what was necessary to win. Can't ask for much more than that, especially with Prather out.
Really hope his rest was only precautionary. We'll need him against MU.

Reply #574856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Wildcats weren't reliant on HIre to have a good game to win.

Reply #574872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth did what they always do spend over the cap to win.

Reply #574874 | Report this post

They spent over the cap to beat Cairns last night? That's some pretty crafty bookkeeping.

Reply #574880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754