Isaac
Years ago

Blake Griffin punches team staff, fractures hand

Michael Eaves:

#Clippers forward Blake Griffin injured his right hand after hitting a member of the team's equipment staff during an argument in Toronto
The altercation started in a restaurant. It proceeded outside where Griffin hit the equipment staffer multiple times.

Topic #38881 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blake in big trouble.....

They might sweep under the rug and pay the staffer a couple of Mil and release him from his employment

Reply #574889 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Clippers have stuffed up a big opportunity to become much closer to the power level of the Lakers.
With the team they have they should be a constant top 4 team in the league, playing exciting bball and one of the post popular teams in the NBA.

But their players and coachGM come across as really unlikable. The whole organisation seems very arrogant. Which is funning for a team that has done nothing!!!!

Reply #574891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does not look good for Bake...
"This conduct has no place in our organization and this incident does not represent who we are as a team. We are conducting a full investigation with assistance from the NBA. At the conclusion of the investigation, appropriate action will be taken"

Reply #574892 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The league booted an owner for his views, so will they now boot a player for his actions?

Reply #574893 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Why the hell would you release the Equipment staffer? Sounds like a one sided fight.

Reply #574894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive player and face of the leagues vehicle sponsor pretty hard to move him on...hope there is no CCTV of the incident cause if he beat him down bad they can't hide from tape!

Reply #574895 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Ignoring all the NBA stuff, it is just dumb for a guy his size to be punching people.
6'10 250 pounds, pretty easy for him to do some major damage or kill someone.
Doesn't matter what the other guy said or did be smart enough to realise it isn't worth the trouble!!!

Reply #574896 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Did Chris Paul finish him off with one of his signature low blows?

Reply #574898 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sprewell got 68 games for choking Carlesimo.

Reply #574901 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Funnily enough, I was watching ESPN at lunch and they actually ran through all these stats showing that LAC were better off without Griffin - PPG, Offensive efficiency, W-L record and basically players played better offensively without Griffin.

(Again strength of schedule and other matters could influence this, but compelling nonetheless).

Reply #574904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Small sample size but could they trade Blake now?!

Can't be attacking peopke

Reply #574905 | Report this post

WORLDSTAR!!!!

Reply #574906 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

There is a gif showing him getting strapping or massage on his legs on the bench.
He shows the guys head towards his groin as a joke?

So he obviously has no respect for training staff.

Reply #574907 | Report this post

Thats a bit of a stretch.

Reply #574910 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/blake-griffin-grabs-trainers-head-on-tv.gif
So you don't think it is disrespectful??

Reply #574911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homophobic perhaps? Interesting that this stuff will all come out now

Reply #574913 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In that past case, it's potentially sexual harassment.

Back to this case, the guy Matis Testi is/was apparently a friend of his. Not sure if that'd still be the case.

According to the sources, Griffin and the equipment staffer got into an argument in a restaurant during the team's trip to Toronto. Griffin hit the man, who then left the restaurant and went outside. Griffin followed him outside and hit him again.

Reply #574916 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Griffin's statement, in part:

A situation among friends escalated and I regret the way I handled myself towards someone I care about.
r/NBA comment:
"A situation among friends escalated. When my friend tried to deescalate it by going outside, I re-escalated it again."

Reply #574917 | Report this post

It could be disrespectful, depends how the trainer felt after the incident. But to say he obviously has no respect for training staff is ridiculous. If he'd done that to JJ Reddick, would you say he has no respecting for shooting guards?

Not sure how its homophobic either. Lets not just say words here and hope they stick.

Reply #574922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow he followed him outside that's a bad move....even admitting he shoujdnt have is an issue...this could be ugly for him if NBA come down hard which based on the smashing NFL got in its response to player violence/assaults you'd think NBA will give him the max they can under current CBA

Reply #574923 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Two mates getting into a dust up is a bit different to beating a women half to death, to be fair.

Reply #574924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All violence is bad regardless he followed him outside for a second crack!

Reply #574925 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Griffin = Conklin!

Reply #574929 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Considering how the Barnes/Fisher situation played out, he's getting an unpaid holiday.

Reply #574931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it possible that this was a lovers tiff?

Reply #575047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754