Touch the rim
Years ago

Omar Samhan -- chances of sticking around?

Good yarn on NBL.com.au today about Samhan. Is he good enough to keep an NBL job next season? Bear in mind the extra two import spots available with the Bullets entering.

P.s. Told you he would be good, Mick. Slamming the player before he even steps on court... smh. He's exactly what the Crocs need, because they're not getting anything from Schensch.

Topic #38891 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd say he's a definite possibility. Has looked good in the time he's been here. And he's an Ex-Gael, which usually gives you first preference in the NBL.

Reply #575195 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Just as long as they dont get tired of him and go Conklin on him. I still think it sucks what they did to him, but they are lucky Omar was such a good pickup.

Reply #575198 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Conklin was awful.

Reply #575206 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

The guy was having a bit of a rough patch but nothing he wouldnt of been able to work on.

Reply #575215 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

No!

Diamon Simpson will replace him if the 36ers don't snap him up.

Reply #575224 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Crocs are 3-10 with Conk this season and 6-6 without him. He didn't turn up in the shape or touch he had the previous season and he lost his job for not performing. There was nothing controversial about it.

Reply #575238 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

But Paul other imports didn't turn up in shape yet kept their job. So maybe there is more to it

Reply #575288 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I assume you're talking about Jordair Jett ;-). I'd say he's proven his worth at both ends of the court.

Reply #575290 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Omar is playing in the NZ NBL in the off season.

Reply #575291 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Paul referring to your to your comment about Conk not turning up in shape, and that was part the reason he was sacked. But you know that.

Reply #575301 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The "other imports" you referred to weren't Conklin, but you know that ;-)

Reply #575319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He certainly had potential to be a good pro, I don't know what's gone wrong"

"this appears to be quite a downgrade though"

"I truly hope SD knows something we don't. He's done well with his imports on tight budgets, but this would be a rabbit out of a hat if he can get Samhan to be a decent contributor who helps the team."

Well done to Samhan. Has certainly proved at least one hater wrong. Hope he returns next season with a bit more talent around him.

Reply #575323 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Just seems weird excuse for you to use as to why Conklin was cut, but not for Adelaide's guy, Paul. Smh.

Reply #575326 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

While we're at it, what imports should stay and which should go?

The toughest question is Cedric Jackson for mine. 12 months ago his job was the safest in the NBL but now... not too sure

Reply #575346 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

For what he would be earning and the issue internally he will probably be gone and he may be ok with that himself. Fall from grace has been swift.

Reply #575350 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's not an excuse Kobe, the Crocs cut Conklin because he performed poorly, and one of the reasons for that is he came back out of touch and out of shape.

I would have cut Ebi for the same reason, but it's starting to look like that might have been wrong call. In hindsight, given your track record, I should have known agreeing with you was probably going to be wrong.

Reply #575353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at the idea that it is wrong to prefer a guy who contributes for a whole season over a guy who contributes in 3 games

Reply #575358 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Omar seems to be a character off court and keeps his team mates relaxed and happy and I reckon he would be a good pick up regardless of where he ends up.

I hope that Mitch Young can keep his minutes up too in remaining games as I think he could carve out a good NBL career being the tough nosed hard man... His free throws are almost as funny as Cedrics

Reply #575521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754