Aussie
Years ago

Melbourne United sellout last home game!

Not a bad effort at all considering their last home game isn't until Febuary 14th
(Confirmed on Melbourne United's Facebook page)

Topic #38897 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

The crowds in most franchises has appeared to increases of there last month or so. Perth had over 12K Friday night which is great considering that there has been 3 home games over the last 8 days at home.

36ers, Hawks and United have all had huge improvements over last season.

Reply #575469 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Honestly there are no excuses for poor crowds in the capitals. I'm glad to see near capacities around the country.

Reply #575470 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I wonder if the NBL will look to schedule more games in the holidays next year? The schedule was a bit sparce in the period surrounding Christmas/New Year (28 games in six weeks) but the crowds have been outstanding.

Reply #575471 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I'm fairly sure they're trying to stay away from the Big Bash.
That thing is a ratings juggernaut and something you don't want to go up against very often!

Reply #575473 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The schedule was a bit sparce in the period surrounding Christmas/New Year (28 games in six weeks)

Agree, and the Sixers not having a game for a couple of weeks (? can't remember exactly how long 2 or 3 weeks) wasn't ideal from a fan perspective.

Reply #575476 | Report this post

Dwayne Pipe  
Years ago

Any chance MU will switch to the bigger RLA for finals/GF?

Reply #575487 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Even Sydney has had near sellouts for their last few games ;-)

Reply #575488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL historically since moving to summer have not used the holidays to their advantage. Rather they shy away from them which in the current climate should be relooked at and schedule heavily around. Embrace it already 20 seasons of summer it's about time.

Reply #575602 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I wonder if the NBL will look to schedule more games in the holidays next year? The schedule was a bit sparce in the period surrounding Christmas/New Year (28 games in six weeks) but the crowds have been outstanding.
The high attendance could merely be the result of sparse scheduling, though, as it condenses all the people who figure they'll head to a game over the holidays into the same one or two games.

Adding more games in the same period might just spread those people out, resulting in no real bump in attendance.

Reply #575641 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Always good for the game when Melbourne is looking good as far as support.

Will be interesting to see how Brisbane go next year, I expect full houses every home game.

Reply #575654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

packed holiday schedule wouldn't deflate crowds as ppl have more spare time

Reply #575656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you need more not less during christmas period

Reply #575657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754