Tommy
Years ago

Magic Johnson Come Back

It was 20 years ago today that Magic Johnson played the first game of his comeback. Magic collected 18 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds in his fist game in 4.5 years. The Lakers won the game against the Warriors 128-118. It was Magic's first games with the Lakers since Game 5 of the 1991 NBA Finals and his first NBA game since the 1992 NBA All-Star Game. Magic would finish the season playing in 32 games, the number he famously wore for the Lakers.

Topic #38899 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Quite amazing that he was allowed back after the diagnosis. Certainly, wouldn't be allowed in this day.

Reply #575492 | Report this post

What makes you say that? I've never thought about 'then and now' in this matter to be honest.

Reply #575494 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

MACDUB = Phil Smyth? ;)

Reply #575496 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Pretty certain he'd be allowed in this day.

Reply #575498 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah I don't think there'd be too much of an issue these days with the advancement in meds there's been. I heard on the radio there are now meds that allow people with HIV to have safe unprotected sex.

Reply #575500 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Hehehe. Sex.

Reply #575532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think the opposite. Allowed now but no way back then yet he was.

Reply #575600 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

You know I was hoping it was him making a comeback to play for the Lakers. He's still be better than Huertas.

Reply #575603 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I thought this thread was about him making another comeback.

I'm pretty sure a HIV+ player would be allowed, given the whole (ridiculous) process around cleaning up blood off the court.

Reply #575698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic Johnson Cum Back

oh my

Reply #575805 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754