Isaac
Years ago

Kings roster

The Kings roster is starting to take shape and they're not looking like a championship contender yet:

Bruton
Smith (possibly going to Europe)
Thomas Mobley*
Knight
Wheeler

Martin
Kendall
Sheridan
Thalo Green*
Barlow

BJ Carter
Dann

Sydney beat touring college team, Nebraska, last night. Mobley sat on the bench and a witness said that he didn't look too big - 6'4". Apparently Barlow and Kendall looked like they are ready for decent NBL returns. Wheeler didn't score much. Barlow led with 25, then Knight with 24 (picked him in my SAHFBL team -- go Knight!) and Kendall with 17.

Probably the most interesting thing is that they're looking at signing Green as their second import. You'd expect them to wait on a final word from Jason Smith though, because if he departed, they'd have a lot of spare cash for their second import.

It's not a weak roster by any stretch, but certainly doesn't look like they'd be garnering bets for the rings.

Topic #389 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Bringing an import of the bench....that worked so well for Charles Thomas (who I hear you say?!)

Reply #2900 | Report this post

Horatio  
Years ago

Yeah, the Kings haven't signed Thalo Green. Jason Smith is quite likely to go to Italy. If so the Kings will have an absolute bomb to spend on a second import. I think you'll find that Smith is the highest paid King.

Reply #3012 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754