Aussie
Years ago

Perth Wildcats questions from early 90's?

Anyone know where Peter Ensel is these days? I thought he was an excellent commentator.

What was the name of the court side announcer? The one that used to introduce the starting 5 with the spotlight on the player announced and the PEC blacked out. I have heard him do a few ads on 6IX radio (American guy)

Anyone know where Dave Hancock is these days?

ps RIP John Gardiner

Topic #38910 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave Hancock coaches in the US

http://www.csnnw.com/article/all-star-coach-finalist-dave-hancock-south-eugene-hs

Reply #575675 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks for that.

Also, what happened to Wildcats West Australian journalist Dave Hughes?

Reply #575682 | Report this post

J-dogg  
Years ago

Comedian now

Reply #575683 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

If my memory holds up, and it probably won't, I vaguely remember Dave Hughes switched over from reporting on the Wildcats to covering rugby union. As a guess I'd say he'd be retired by now.

Peter Ensel - didn't he move from channel 10 to channel 7 to get a foot in the door with the AFL coverage? In any case it didn't last long. Maybe he quit TV altogether.

Reply #575746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hughes was originally from South Africa no wonder he switched reporting to union. sad though since he went back years reporting on the cats

Reply #575800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ensel got into racing as a bookie.

Reply #575801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Court a announcer was former player Ned Coten

Reply #576629 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754