Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs Kings, Feb 5

Cats need this for a chance at top spot. Kings don't need anything and are thus paying $10 for the win, Perth at $1.05.

Line is -15.5.

Uh oh.

Topic #38938 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Kings get with in 20 it'll be a good result. Can't see anything but cats win.

Reply #576318 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Prather out for Perth.

Reply #576319 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Complacency and resting players makes me nervous.

Hard to see the Cats losing this, but stupider things have happened. Will be interesting to see who steps up.

Reply #576320 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Another game where a role player has to step up, Beal hasn't taken over for awhile.

Reply #576321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beal is money, I'll judge him when it matters. The way things are I'd rather play Illawarra, lock up top two and I wouldn't want to play the breakers 1st up. Or handle and co.

Reply #576323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle

Reply #576325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way the United are playing Perth needs to improve a lot to be able beat them in a series.

Reply #576327 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Should be a good game.

Reply #576328 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Beal & Perth had a quiet night and still went to O/T with MU. Bother their other losses were close also.
I think MU are favourites for the title, and will remain so with HCA in a series, but IF a team could upset them, it would be Perth.

Reply #576336 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

11-0! Stop the game! Leave the arena! It won't get better than this!

:~(

Reply #576348 | Report this post

Usual bullshite complacent start. Been like it all year.

Reply #576350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL most overrated team in the league getting exposed badly. You got a large C who cant move and a PG that cant shoot. Combined that with a washed Small forward.

Reply #576351 | Report this post

Whole starting 5 subbed, and deservelly so.

Reply #576352 | Report this post

Fan  
Years ago

The 5 for 5 sub- disrespectful?

Reply #576353 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Why isn't Tommy Garlepp playing?

Reply #576354 | Report this post

Garlepp has food poisining

Reply #576356 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

No Garlepp, no Hill. Old Man Knight suiting up again.

Reply #576357 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Man, Cadee... for a "PG" he attempts some woeful passes.

Reply #576358 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

You know, I'm not an NBL head coach, but I'd probably try run something with Childress that doesn't involve him catching the ball behind the 3pt line.

Reply #576360 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Perth looking to feed Jawai and Carter playing D with his hands on his hips... jesus christ, put your hands up and play the passing lane.

Reply #576361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF has happened to Beals game?

Reply #576362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis maybe their best big man

Reply #576363 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Jervis benefiting from the Kings mobbing the ballhandler with 3 defenders every time they enter the key.

Reply #576364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth needs to let go of Jawai this offseason. Let him go back to Cairns or the Bullets and play a very good starting calibare C in Jervis more!

Reply #576366 | Report this post

Too many times this season the Wildcats started with a half arsed attitude, for it not to be an issue now. Can't play like that in the playoffs.

Reply #576367 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perths bench have saved the teams bacon a few times this season. Jervis > Jawai.

Reply #576369 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I would love to see the Kings +/- when they play zone on D. Not a good M2M defensive team, but a god awful zone defensive team.

Reply #576370 | Report this post

Fan  
Years ago

Interesting that Beal and Jawai have no rythym after sitting 20 of 29 playing minutes

Reply #576371 | Report this post

come stain  
Years ago

so those who say childress needs to go...

Reply #576372 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Anyone who says Childress needs to go can be safely ignored.

That flop by Wagstaff on Childress though...

Reply #576373 | Report this post

come stain  
Years ago

3 qtr time, bench points: Wildcats 41 to sydney 6.

Reply #576374 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

More telling: Wildcats starters 20, Sydney 53.

Reply #576375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky Perth probably has the best bench and the deepest team in the league otherwise this was a certain loss with the way the starters were playing.

Reply #576376 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wagstaff's 3pt % vs the Kings is roughly 10000000%.

Reply #576378 | Report this post

Fan  
Years ago

Childress is a great player period. You can't fault him for sydney being crap.

Reply #576379 | Report this post

come stain  
Years ago

Fair Dink ^^

Reply #576380 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Or even for him being injured. Despite his injury problems, having a player of his talent is worth the gamble. The real problem is import spot #2.

Reply #576381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings need to to throw everything at WAGSTAFF AND BRING HIM BACK HOME THIS OFFSEASON!

Reply #576382 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh god please don't. I don't ever want to have to cheer for Wagstaff.

Reply #576383 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Credit where credit is due, amazing night for Jervis. For all the help the Kings gave him around the basket, great rebound and assist numbers.

Reply #576388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth can thank the bench brigade for saving their asses tonight.

Reply #576389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can keep wagstaff, rather have Jarvis, you can take Vandenburg. I'd take Damien Martin as well.

Reply #576390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth deserve to keep Jawai.

Reply #576399 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Well that was shit. Worst game I can remember.
The Cats starting 5 just kind of wandered onto court, gave the Kings a 11 point head-start, then sat down and let the bench humiliate them.
I know there are "reasons" for the Kings' current status, but they were pathetic, an embarrassment to the league.
Jawai waddled around for about 10 minutes, Beal wasn't allowed to shoot, the DP played more minutes than most of the starting 5, with about 5 minutes to go the Cats gave up playing defense (and didn't put much into offense either) and it was still a shellacking.

Anyone who things Jawai is out of shape, should take a look at the fat slobs Sydney dredged up.

The only highlight of the entire game, was somebody FINALLY made the half-court shot. He won $1,000 and a Sydney Kings' contract.

Reply #576402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth have a really, really deep bench and without a doubt the best in the league but unless they sort out the reason for these poor starts against quality opposition they will be punished like the United showed them.

Reply #576403 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

"He won $1,000 and a Sydney Kings' contract."

He was last seen giving the Kings contract to a beggar on Wellington Street who used it as a substitute to a Tally Ho.

Reply #576405 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Perth's bench aint that great, Sydney were just crap.

I don't know if Perth's start was really that bad, or if the whole thing was just a joke.
I have NEVER see so may professional players so completely lethargic and disinterested.
Either way, it was bloody unprofessional and not worth watching.

Gleeson benched his entire starting 5 after two minutes. I don't know if this was a calculated insult, or if he just did his nana.

Reply #576408 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Have to agree. That game sucked ballz.

Cats rested Prather knowing they should win anyway.
Kings then had players out, which probably only served to make the Cats even more complacent. Hard to be fully switched on when you look over and see Ben Knight suited up for the opposition.

Happy to see Jervis get to show his stuff though. The only thing he has lacked this season is opportunity. Stoked for him that he got the chance to shine tonight.

Reply #576409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@AngusH don't worry Wagstaff ain't going anywhere. Especially not to a joke team like the Kings. Love how you morons go out of your way to bag him after he's ripped you a new one

Reply #576412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings suck so bad that I'm sure they'd be a great fit for Wagstaff.

Reply #576417 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"The only highlight of the entire game, was somebody FINALLY made the half-court shot. He won $1,000 and a Sydney Kings' contract."

GOLD Dazz, gold

Reply #576419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty Knight can be let go too, such a useless , one trick player, All he does is rebound and layup under the basket. He's so wobbly looks like his knees will give way any minute.

Reply #576420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah let Matty go.... it will be easy to replace an Aussie with 12ppg and 8rpg..... ^ douche

Reply #576426 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hard for the Cats to be to motivated about that game, wasnt pretty but their games never usually are. Having Prather out sucks from a highlight potential perspective. They got the win, no injuries be happy with that.

Reply #576437 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The Kings have sucked all year, now they have more outs and no time to replace them with only a couple of games to go. Never going to be pretty, but full credit to Childress. He was the only player giving it his all.

Reply #576451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754