Dave
Years ago

Randle Confimed to Play This Weekend

Reported by Boti this morning. Claims he is at 100%, but I guess they aren't going to say otherwise...

Should be a crazy end to the season!

Topic #38957 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

A lot is riding on how much Melbourne want to avoid facing NZ in the SFs. If I were them, I'd make sure the Breakers' hopes were snuffed because they have finals experience and all the tools to roll through any other team in the league.

Reply #576895 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If NZ make it they're just as likely to win as anybody. Should be a great game Friday, NZ desperate and Melbourne coming off road wins in Perth and Wollongong looking to lock up top spot.

Reply #576898 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

So your saying there is a chance!!!! :)

Reply #576900 | Report this post

Definitely interesting to see of Randle is actually back to normal. Even if he's physically mended, his game style requires a huge amount of faith in his body so mentally he could be a few games away from being good again. I hope for the 36ers chances, and also from a spectator point of view, that he's ready to roll.
He's made it clear that he wants to be on court helping his team, so hopefully he can do that and doesn't end up just making up the numbers, or worse, aggravating the injury that hasn't quite got there yet.
I've got a feeling though that the 36ers might just fall short of the finals this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply #576908 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

Randle will come to play.

Whats really important is that Joey gets his tacticians hat on and ensures Gibbo doesn't go missing again in offense and Ebi gets a good start with some open looks.

Jerome needs to start as a team first man early getting others on a roll and then when the focus on himself hiccups, bingo!

If Joey gets it wright it wont matter who the other sides would prefer to face come finals.

Go Sixers

Reply #576934 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If the results go the way I expect them to then this final round won't be that exciting after all.

ie If Sydney beats Perth, and then Illawarra and NZ both win on Friday, then the top 4 will be set and Sunday's games will be meaningless.

There's potential for this round to be a massive fizzer, and there's potential for it to be nothing short of epic.

Reply #576935 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I hope the 36ers do make the finals.. otherwise finding a conversation in here for the finals is gonna get difficult.

Reply #576938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Isaac. No one in their right mind would want to play NZ in the finals series with their experience, Pledge in form and 2 red hot perimeter shooters in Ced and Corey. Vikona and the rest are tough as nails as well.. Lets hope Melbourne and Illawarra see it the same way.

Reply #576939 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

As an Adelaide fan I find some of the suggestions made in this thread to be quite considerate and generous. I do however fear that international sporting relations with New Zealand maybe setback 30 years after this weekend.

Reply #576943 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great news, keeps things interesting! Im guessing both Perth and United would rather have Adelaide first up than NZ, so who knows how this will play out.

Reply #576964 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

If the results go the way I expect them to then this final round won't be that exciting after all.

ie If Sydney beats Perth

The Sydney game is irrelevant. Perth have already telegraphed their intentions.
But if anything playing the bench will make the game itself interesting.

The only interest in the top-4 is 4th spot.
As others have said, NZ have the ability to upset the favourites if they make the finals.
To that end, the NZ games are of massive interest. Should they lose both, then the final game, with Randle back, assumes epic importance.

Reply #576966 | Report this post

"I do however fear that international sporting relations with New Zealand maybe setback 30 years after this weekend."

I think they're already set back 30 years. The Kiwis still take every opportunity to bring up the Trevor Chappell incident.

Reply #576967 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

if the 36ers make the playoffs, then there is such a thing as luck. pure luck. i cant see it happening.

Reply #577018 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The Kiwis still take every opportunity to bring up the Trevor Chappell incident.

The Kiwis are justifiably proud of the underarm incident.
It was the last time Australia treated their cricket team as a serious threat.

Reply #577031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well well well the difference a week makes.

When Randle went down I stressed at how he had to play at least one game before the playoffs but all you Sixer fans basically treated me like a troll.

You all assumed playoffs were a lock and Randle could rest the whole two weeks.

Of course the two losses made you finally realise what I knew before the last round.

Now you are all overjoyed he is playing before the playoffs start.

Funny the difference a week makes.

I expect no apologies but like I said I TOLD YA!

Good luck in getting a win. Never take anything for granted.

Reply #577104 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I hear ya Anon, it reminds me of a story I heard many moons ago regarding a guy at my school. People called him Dick, which caused him all sorts of consternation because his name was Richard and he could never understand why the other kids never called him by his proper name.

That guy was really cool, really cool.

Reply #577148 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Anon, pretty sure most of us were talking about playing him if he wasn't cleared to play... He's fine.

Reply #577224 | Report this post

Not anon  
Years ago

"When Randle went down I stressed at how he had to play at least one game before the playoffs."

No you didn't anon.

Reply #577225 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

May the Aussies continue their rampage today, and may United destroy NZ twice, and may Randle be Randle and get the 36ers into the playoffs!

Reply #577226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I did, not anon.

Reply #577294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have played the home game.

Reply #577686 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754