Isaac
Years ago

NBL MVP announced tomorrow night

Award ceremony is in Melbourne. There will be the usual announcements for MVP, coach, rookie, best defender, sixth man, most improved and ref of the year. All-Star Fives also.

Boti thinks that Randle missed too many games to win MVP: Full article

Didn't realise the announcement was so soon.

Topic #38997 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Fascinating race for it. Randle missed five games, Webster five, Penney four and Lisch three. Opens the door a little for Ogilvy, Goulding and Jackson who missed one between them.

I still think it will be Randle or Lisch. I had Lisch in my annual awards last week:

http://www.fiba.com/news/it%E2%80%99s-mvp-time

Reply #578079 | Report this post

I think Lisch would win both a game by game vote count, or an end of year, NBA style award this year.

Reply #578082 | Report this post

Apparently Ogilvy was not nominated to the the DPOTY...

Reply #578084 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have bets on Randle, Ogilvy (at $21) and Knight (at $51). Worried about Lisch because he is probably the true MVP, being a two-way player absolutely key to a contending team. You see how much Illawarra struggle at times when Martin is able to neutralise him a bit.

Reply #578089 | Report this post

Knight would have been my front-runner in the first third of the season but fell away a bit once Prather started to do more with the ball.

Reply #578093 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I would have thought Randle would be the front runner, even though he missed 5 games. He would've polled 8 or 10 out of 20 possible votes in a lot of different games, I would've thought.

Randle was fairly consistently Adelaide's best, whereas Penney and Ogilvy (in the first half of the season, at least) would have polled a lot of votes. So my guess is that Lisch might have only got 6 or 7 out of 20 on most of his good nights (Except, perhaps the thriller in NZ where he could have got 10), whereas Randle would be getting lots of 8-10's.

Reply #578095 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

They can only give 5 max for one player.

Reply #578099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not fussed who wins it but am intrigued at what the losers do afterwards down by the Yarra.

Reply #578100 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ricky- each coach gets 5 votes max to one player, and 10 votes total.

So for each game, there are 20 possible votes.

I think Randle would have got 8 or more on plenty of occasions, whereas in many of Lisch's best games he would have only got 5 or 6. Ogilvy was great in the first half of the season (I would've had him as MVP favourite at the half way mark) and Penney was good too. But no 36ers players would've been stealing Randle's votes in the same way.

Reply #578101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so boti thinks lisch should be mvp but not in the first team all star 5? how does that make sense?

Reply #578155 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Ah, I read that as 10 total between the two coaches so five each to give out. Makes sense now.

Reply #578158 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was a strange one anon, Lisch is clearly the best two-guard in the league when you factor in both ends.

Reply #578164 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Seriously, watch Connelly's theatrics, Joey's big dummy-spit, or Gleeson's "We're going to bash Conklin" comments... We trust these guys to vote post-match?

Reply #578171 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Nick Kay for rookie of the year. You heard it here.

Reply #578213 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Anyone providing odds on that one (RoY)?, I might put a lazy 15,000 on it.

Reply #578228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754