Isaac
Years ago

Rookie of the Year: Nick Kay

Unanimous decision? He quickly outshone Conklin and overtook Young. Great debut season.

I liked Majok Majok too but he'd played in Europe, right?

Topic #39012 | Report this topic

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Yes, I don't think Majok was eligible so daylight was second.

Reply #578401 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

No argument.

Reply #578432 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Saved some of his best performances for last too. Didnt hit the rookie wall. Gonna be a solid pro.

Reply #578469 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What qualifies somebody as a rookie? The problem with such an award in the NBL, is that there are so many pathways.
Two players finish college together, don't get drafted, don;t get any better offers, so come to play NBL. One is a 3-point rookie, the other a 10-point import.
What about somebody who avoids college and tries to force his way in as a teenager?

Now having said that, Kay looks very impressive. I'm surprised he actually fell to Townsville. No problem with him winning the award.

Reply #578562 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Congratulations but I don't know where else he could have ended up ?

Sydney instead of Jeromie Hill?

Illawarra instead of Cody Ellis?

Adelaide instead of Lucas Walker?

Or

Melbourne instead of Chris Patton

I think his agent did the right thing by him in hindsight and he made the absolute most of his opportunities and was a hell of a pickup for my Dream Team

Reply #578804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754