Isaac
Years ago

Most Improved Player: Clint Steindl

I thought Cody Ellis finished well, Mitch Creek too. Steindl had all the opportunities to show his wares.

Topic #39014 | Report this topic

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Thought Shaun Bruce would have got more of a look in, but not unhappy to see it go to Steindl. This award is reflective of SD's ability to extract talent.

Reply #578400 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Jason Cadee was my first pick. Where did he poll in the voting?
Not unhappy with the winner.

Reply #578410 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

slightly improved net production despite a massive uptick in opportunity with Blanchfield leaving. That is the opposite of improvement...

Reply #578422 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Mitch Creek has not improved his jump shot or outside shooting.

Reply #578435 | Report this post

What about Weeks?

Steindl has gone from an All Star to MIP. Next year he's in with a shot at ROTY.

Reply #578436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl definitely looked like he'd rounded out his game this year instead of being just a spot up guy, but yeah, it's hard to go past Weeks who went from basically development player to solid rotation guard for one of the top teams in the league, even if his production dipped the 2nd half of the year.

I don't really think Cadee improved all that much, just got a lot more minutes consistently.

Reply #578449 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Garlepp came second, Kickert came third...somebody who was actually deserving was presumably nominated at some point, I guess.

Reply #578467 | Report this post

Justeve  
Years ago

Cody Ellis not even close lol

Reply #578709 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm a massive Clint Steindl fan but I felt he regressed, didn't he have a game where he didn't score... He is on a team full of youngsters and he is what 28... He should have been putting the team on his back and saying come with me boys, we are getting this win... And then resulted to get himself to the free throw line... He didn't do that enough and there is no denying that that is where he should be going as his technique is a thing of beauty

Reply #578800 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I am okay with this decision, not that it matters of course, however Weeks was for me also a worthy mention for sure!

Reply #578807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754