KET
Years ago

Media report 36ers Re-Sign Randle, agent denies

The Adelaide 36ers have signed Jerome Randle to a $900k 3 year contract.

Praise be to god!!

Topic #39030 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

(According to Triple M)

Some are saying on twitter this is only speculation.

Reply #578871 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

His agent says it's false.

Reply #578873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$300K. That's way over anyones odds for a NBL salary.

Reply #578874 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah his agent has come out on twitter saying it's false. The title should be amended to say Rumour, because Triple M's Rush Hour program have screwed up before

Reply #578875 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

A 3 year deal looks a little suspect, how often do we see any imports on multi year deals?

Reply #578877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could get a lot more basketballer than Randle for $300k per year on a 3 year deal.

Reply #578878 | Report this post

AnkleBreaker  
Years ago

No import would get paid more than $200k?

Reply #578880 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Rush hour said there was to be an announcement tomorrow regarding Randle and that they were hearing it was a 3 year deal for $300K+ but to wait for the announcement.

Reply #578881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that's $100k / year which would be about right.

Reply #578882 | Report this post

Nick Marvin  
Years ago

lol, what an amateurally run club

Reply #578886 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Seriously.. your nick is .. Nick Marvin? WTH man.....

Reply #578887 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

You couldnt be anymore a troll if you lived under a bridge, ate rocks and demanded money from people as they passed over your bridge.

Reply #578888 | Report this post

master chief  
Years ago

Article up on adelaide now

Reply #578891 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol, amateur club.

Mosquito fleet!!

Reply #578893 | Report this post

AnkleBreaker  
Years ago

Great for Adelaide if they can get an import to commit for 3 years. Unheard of in the modern NBL.

Reply #578894 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Didnt Cedric Jackson sign for three years?

Reply #578897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Joey is signed for 3 years, i wouldnt be surprised if Randle aligns his contract to that.

Didnt Farley do a 3 year contract a in the mid 2000s also??

Reply #578900 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

ROFLcopter...1 small player doesn't make a fleet - you're the amateur!

Reply #578903 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Lets face it all these contracts are rolling 1 year deals. If they want to get out they will.

Reply #578904 | Report this post

Bunj  
Years ago

The best player that has ever played in the NBL, if it's $300k per year, that's more than worth it

Reply #578905 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Best ever????

Pmsl.

Better than Gaze?

Reply #578907 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

AdelaideNow is saying no deal signed, but 'deep discussions'.

Reply #578908 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

I gotta wonder if this was the real thing, what that would do to memberships and indeed pricing?

however speculation is something we are used too however, randle did write that he loved doing his thing on court and joey allowing him to do as he almost pleases so....you never know

Reply #578927 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

You'd imagine at least some portion of that salary would be passed onto the fans, in the form of membership/ticket prices.

Reply #578930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 36's had root all money now they rumoured to be spending that, bye bye sixers in 2 years

Reply #578979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He could sign as a marquee player, so $300K a year for 3 years is not out of the question, the question is is where would Adelaide get that kinda of money?

Reply #578981 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Tickets will be going up anyway. You think they do the additions to the stadium and not pass something on?

Reply #579006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's worth every cent

Reply #579023 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Let's say they pay $300K instead of $100K for another import PG. With an average ticket price of $30 (I'm estimating), if Randle brings in 500 more people per home game he's paid for himself.

I can't remember the last time an individual NBL player caused such a buzz in his city as Randle did this season, so those numbers are quite possible, and that's not even factoring in increases in corporate numbers.

Who knows if he will play as well or attract as much attention next season, but even if he gets close he will probably be worth the investment.

Reply #579034 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm intrigued by this, being a Ukranian citizen, will the 36ers be happy for him to play for the national team and 3 years is a long time so obviously he isn't going back there to live anytime soon.

You'd imagine he would go as the marquee player and that's all good and well but how will the rest of the team line up?

I hope they get their man and he can keep pulling the crowds

Reply #579061 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think he has any interest in living in the Ukraine!

Reply #579063 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

No more news on Randle re-signing???

Can't be a good sign if he hasn't done it by now as they seemed keen to get it done ASAP.

Reply #579770 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

You can trust Adelaide to mess it up somehow.

Reply #579774 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Let's say they pay $300K instead of $100K for another import PG. With an average ticket price of $30 (I'm estimating), if Randle brings in 500 more people per home game he's paid for himself.
That assumes that there are no on-costs (super, payroll tax, workers comp) and that the $30 ticket price is pure profit.

It just seems to me that if it were that simple, Adelaide would not be facing restrictions in the first place?

I don't know what a single NBL player is paid, so its all speculation. But I feel that $300k must be Marquee territory, and even then must be top of the wozza? I know that theoretically you can pay a Marquee whatever you want, but who has the cash for that? (Not Adelaide I'd wager) and there has to be a trickle down effect.

I don't know how much cash Adelaide has to splash around? But given you went for an old, fat, Ebi Ere as your 2nd import, I'm thinking not much?

And is Randle that great? Clearly he's one of the best offensive guards we have seen in recent times, and his retention has generated significant interest. But based on one season, is he the super-star people seem to think?

I'm just saying, that if Adelaide are going to plonk down that sought of cash on a single player, they need to be 120% certain that he is going to perform at that level for the duration of his contract, and draw the crowds required.

Reply #579792 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Only news I've had is from Boti. They are still in negotiations with Randle's manager and we may not have to wait until he is back from Europe to get an answer...

So nothing really.

Reply #579848 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Signed 19/2.
On Triple m 24/2.
(street talk)

Reply #580156 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If that's true, thank god!

Reply #580164 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Heard that too... MMM have been off with these things at times though.

They better not be playing with my emotions!

Reply #580173 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Yeah I don't believe he's signed yet. If he had, there'd be no reason for the club not to release it.

Reply #580185 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Apparently Triple M said that they didn't want to overshadow the news that Lightning and 6ers had merged.

Which I don't really believe either.

Reply #580188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thinking they will announce when negotiations for all players open. That's the done thing

Reply #580199 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Why? You're allowed to re-sign your players at any time.
You're just not supposed to talk to prospective free agents.

Reply #580200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not really. For their own players, they don't have to wait. They might wait until the post-season, or announce it to an MVP dinner or something like that.

But until it's signed and locked in, I'd be wary!

Reply #580201 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

yeah ill be honest ive fallen for the triple m trap before, they're dodgy at best

Reply #580206 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yeah Boti pretty much said it was shit. Dammit.

Reply #580217 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

In about a week
36ers to confirm
triple m said

Reply #580376 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yeah, I just don't see why they would wait if he was signed...

Reply #580394 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

During this period of time, immediately following your season, you want to maximise publicity whilst people are still interested. You'd think if they had Randle's signature they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.
Only thing might be, if they linked it to a new sponsor (as was mooted) maybe that announcement is being kept for a particular time?

Reply #580715 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Might be saving it for when they push membership renewals etc.

Reply #580721 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yeah, I just think it more likely that he hasn't been signed...

Reply #580894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly not done.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-call-on-fans-to-rally-with-membership-drive-to-finalise-deal-with-superstar-us-guard-jerome-randle/news-story/e9600479c9317941f35255614a2e683b

Reply #580951 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That might say it's not done, but it could equally say it is done and they need to find a way to pay for it.

Reply #580972 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Hes got time. THere is no urgency on his behalf to re sign. He can go and play some Euro league for awhile and mull it over.

Its Adelaide who are painting themselves into a corner here. THey more they push the public path to get him back and keep repeating the line'But he likes Joey!' the more they build expectation and if it for some reason does not come to pass then thats a fair bit of bad blood there.

I hope he does sign back up, Adelaide should be having a plan B and C though.

Reply #580974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If that's the case then more foolish them.

Reply #580976 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think he will be back one way or another. The club is clearly milking this for all it's worth.

Reply #580984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only one being milked is the Sixers.

Reply #580996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I seriously hope the 36ers don't break the bank offer $250k + sponsors u can get for him and move on

Randle is awesome but no one is worth breaking the bank and going broke for.

As great as he is, he hasn't done anything willie farley, julius hodge, gary ervin havnt done for the 36ers at this stage, so let's not say he is the greatest ever or since 2000 just yet

Also shows the club will survive without him if he moves on, $250k and some decent recruiting and scouting should get u a really good nbl import

Reply #581011 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ninenews also report
he'll be back.
Sixers to confirm
by thursday

Reply #581027 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

He has a knee that has to get through a season in Europe. I like the not signed yet

Reply #581028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where do the Sixers get this new found money and supposedly fund a 3rd frikkin import?

Reply #581046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers could fund 3 imports by keeping Randle and replacing both Gibson and Ere with 2 new imports

They obvously have given Randle a pay rise

Could replace Ere and Gibson and upgrade both by paying them the same as they were on this year or less, ie say Gibson and Ere were on $300k between them, could spend $300k or less on the 2 new imports

Thats how its affordable

Reply #581048 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Imports aren't necessarily expensive. It's a bit of a myth that they all cost a lot of money. The weak Aussie dollar at the moment doesn't help, but you can get a lot of guys out of college pretty cheap.

Reply #581050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, im a huge fan of the 3 import rule

Reply #581052 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Especially seeing as we'd pay more than the D League as well, don't we? One of the only significant benefits of that league over ours is for the upper level fringe NBA level players that might get called up on a days notice, but there's not too many of those, surely?

Get one of those highlight reel players that aren't much a lot of anything else cheap and get them to excite the crowd, etc etc without the expectations of the top import player...

Reply #581061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that worked well for the Kings. Cheap arsed imports are indeed a dime a dozen. They come here for the minimum and generally you get what you pay for. Cheap.

Reply #581064 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Camel, any details of the channel 9 report?

Reply #581065 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

YES. Ch9 confirmed he will be back here , ' despite a big offer from Melbourne united, he has decided to play here , and the 36ers will confirm this by thursday.'
That's all they said at the end of the sports news. Didn't say whether one season or three seasons etc....but, we'll know by thursday.

Reply #581071 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Cheers mate

Reply #581072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good if he returns, just hope they don't bust the piggy bank to do it. I know many people don't rate Gibson highly, assume he is overpaid, and going to Brisbane, but either way you need to surround Randle and Johnson with quality.

Reply #581076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are these the same idiots that were bagging out Gibbo all season, not knowing he's just had ankle surgery?

Reply #581077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he was injured and playing badly as a result imo the team and gibbo would have been better if he missed a month or 2 and healed properly.

Kudos to him for gutting it out if true but i always believe injured players once it affects performance should rest and heal.

It would atleast explain his form drop off.

Reply #581081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miss 2 months yeah right.

Reply #581090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress did. Others have.

Reply #581096 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Randle to return to Sixers. One year deal. Announcement tomorrow.

Reply #581097 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

would have preferred a couple of years but you gotta take what you can get

Reply #581098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good sense prevails 1 season is enough to prove himself. PLay a full season and then renegotiate sensibly.
Childress missing for months really helped the Kings clearly. Some real retards here.

Reply #581101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news re randle

I was saying i believe the 36ers would have been better off giving gibsons minutes to teys, sobey, creek than having him struggle all season. Which is why i would be ok if he missed games and healed and get him playing well and healthy later in the season.

I dont think sitting him would have lost us a extra game.

Reply #581117 | Report this post

hummy  
Years ago

Well, actually, some press in Europe say, that he signed, but left the important clause in - he might wave the deal if he's getting better deal in Europe. Which, if he shows good performance, might happen :)

in addition - 300k is quite a big amount for a very small PG. too high.

Reply #581246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo and Teys both had ankle surgery last week. Wrecked from having to guard Randle at training everyday perhaps?! lol

Reply #581262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754