Never never
Years ago

Gleeson haters

I really struggle with all the Gleeson haters he is a great coach has proven record of success and is just passionate real basketball minds would understand he is a great ... Not good but great coach we are lucky to coaches like Trevor in our league and people rips him to pieces it's the same as some of our superstar players all you tools that do not understand basketball properly would prefer to talk shit about them rather than watch the things they do well and talk about the things they do good l.

I ask all you haters what has Trevor done to deserve all the hate?

Topic #39031 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

Watching tonight's game has reminded me of what a wanker he is.

Reply #578957 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Bit of a yobbo

Reply #578959 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^^^ I'm with those guys. No doubt he's a good coach as far as Xs and Os, but hard to like based on the way he carries on if you're not a Perth fan.

Reply #578961 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The hate he generates isn't so much in his coaching ability. We generally know he can coach and is a good one at that.

It's the fact that he is terribly disrespectful to refs, he whinges non-stop and loves playing the "victimised" role to a T.

Literally he argues against the most blatant calls.

Reply #578962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's easy to hate someone who generates wins for the West.

Reply #578970 | Report this post

Never never  
Years ago

Fair enough at least his good coaching is recognised, gotta give credit where credit is due and in his position he deserves credit for his coaching his demeanour and way he handles himself with refs etc so be it he probably doesn't care about all the hate I just wanted to know why people hated him but I look at the basketball over all the other stuff

Reply #578976 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I've disliked him ever since I saw him cut loose at Lucas Walker during a pre season hit out. Classless. Like I said, the guy is a so douche

As for the X's and O's, his stint at the Tigers wasn't particularly impressive

And now he's coaching the Cats.

3 reasons to dislike him!

Reply #578978 | Report this post

Never never  
Years ago

Lucas walker has never been the definition of a professional athlete I watched him train a few years back with a SnapBack hat on and was careless about being there, also seen him in town one night after game and he was acting like a complete Arse not a very good role model so he probably deserved a serving from
Any coach ... Gleeson may have done t wrong time wrong place so I'll give benefit of doubt to you there but there is always a reason for a player giving a serve to a player

His time in Melbourne can't really be put on him there was big issues wishin the organisation that year and with his wife's health that year could have also been a big factor to his performance and concentration

Reply #578986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker and being a pro basketballer. I know who is right. He's a good seabl player.

Reply #578990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Walker is blunt as a tree stump. The guy has zero basketball IQ

Reply #578997 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't know what it is with coaches and whinging? Certainly Trev whinges and gesticulates about everything. Maybe its a coping/venting mechanism? He blows off the steam and that helps him focus when required?
He's hardly the only one. Plus I figure it's better to rant at the refs. In tonights game, Bevos was picked up ranting at his bench "how can I coach you when you won't listen?" Not sure that does much for morale.

Reply #578999 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"It's the fact that he is terribly disrespectful to refs, he whinges non-stop and loves playing the "victimised" role to a T."

You just described most of the coaches in the NBL.

Non Perth fans hate him because he coaches Perth, Some Perth fans hate him because they need someone to blame when they lose. There were Perth fans out there that were constantly calling for Bevo's head to roll several times when he was coach of Perth.

I think Gleeson is a good coach, not the greatest but he certainly had had a decent amount of success in his career.

Reply #579002 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Regardless of how our opinions of Trevor's coaching ability may vary, one thing we can all agree on is that he acts like a tool.

Reply #579003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously no one is hating Gleeson on his coaching.

But we do hate him for the way he acts, have you ever met anyone more gruff than this guy! FFS SMILE for once.

Reply #579097 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Gleason is an excellent recruiter and an okay coach in terms of strategy and tactics. He made a few good moves last night in the game, the offensive adjustment vs the zone in th second half is probably one of the best I've ever seen from him. so we will keep watching

Reply #579104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great adjustment to get Lisch injured :P

Reply #579247 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes, that was a genius move. Extra credit for keeping it up his sleeve until the playoffs.

Reply #579249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listening to the timeouts and wow Gleeson is such a drongo.

Reply #579398 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I must say, Gleeson's style of "motivating" is a bit archaic. In one of the time-outs, when he should have been getting his players to focus, and maybe trying to lift their intensity, he was simply berating them.

For mine, you have to judge him on results. And even with a strong squad, I'd say he's done well this season, to take the Cats to equal first. But the finals is the big test. So far, I'd give it to Bevo, have to see what Trev pulls out for game 3.

Reply #579514 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Gleeson is a plank. He has the most talented team in the league and invariably when things are not going well he dumps on his players. For mine he is a very negative person, whinges and whines a lot.

Reply #579516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is definitely not a great coach. He's been lucky to coach teams with talent and won championships which he should have.

A Great Coach is:
a great communicator
develop players
is respected by the players and those in the league

Gleeson hasn't ticked any of those boxes and therefore Nielson will coach Perth soon

Reply #579754 | Report this post

A great coach is develop players.

Reply #579759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth often have 9 on the court - their 5 players, the 3 refs, and Gleeson

Reply #580550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So funny Matt.

Reply #580585 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Pigs Arse.

A great Coach is:
Win Games
Get to Grand Final
Win Championship
Win Another Championship

Reply #580594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754