Anonymous
Years ago

Some teams in BigV Division 1 better than SCM

Why would BigV reject certain teams from going up to SCM clearly when they have the talent and money to?

Topic #39107 | Report this topic

anonymous  
Years ago

Melton: Chris Patton (NBL) Ivan Harris (Import) Jason Todorov (former SEABL) Cam McCallum (VIC representative)

Casey: Brent Hobba (former SEABL) Lester Strong (former SEABL) Mitch Chapman (former SEABL) Ben Louis (former SEABL)

Chelsea: Corey Standerfer (Import) Jason Everstyn (former NBL) Matt Brasser (returnee from college) Stefan Pomasan (SCM experience)

Warrnambool: Nathan Sobey (NBL) *new import* Tim Gainey (naturalised) Alex Gynes (former SEABL)

Latrobe: 2 new imports and retaining some core players (lose Canovan, Moss & Hughes)

Reply #581457 | Report this post

Years ago

Is what it is, the other teams will just have to step things up and be more professional about things.

Every year the same BS is thrown around by under performing teams about how everybody else pays this and that person.

Get your juniors right, lift you standards and compete. Melton Yep they deserve to go up as they won the title. The others need to earn the right to.

Reply #581460 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

I reckon clear promotion and relegation is a better solution here. Melton should have come up on last season's results alone. It would save all this debate and allow for teams to recruit knowing where they're going to be playing, instead of making applications and waiting.

In saying that, it remains to be seen whether any of the teams listed above would actually challenge Corio, Ringwood, etc. I have my doubts..

Reply #581474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any team with Chris Patton in it would be up there in SCM alone! who are Ringwood going to match up on him with? Likewise Corio?

Reply #581478 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Games are not determined by one-on-one match ups. I've watched Ringwood teams be almost dominated on the inside by other centres in SCM, and Ringwood have still won the game.

It's all hypothetical but I reckon Clarke and Latham, supported by Fennell would fancy their chances of containing him enough.

Reply #581487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey:

Hobba
Strong
Chapman
Louis
Deneefe
Johnson
Witherden (Back out of retirement)

Funds must run deep down there.

Reply #582277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Casey team would hold their own at SEABL level.

Reply #582290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't win D1 with that line up did they.

Reply #582295 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Nope, they certainly didn't, although they might go closer this year.

Given how many teams there are and how much recruiting goes on, two up and two down in a regular promotion/relegation arrangement seems like a good idea to me. Announce it before the season starts, and everyone knows what they're playing for.

Reply #582302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chapman is a huge addition

Probably the only team to compete with Melton with Chelsea and Warrnambool 3rd / 4th and potential dark horses

no one else is even half a chance to win it. the rest are just making up numbers

Reply #582449 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754