Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers off to China

Good news story for the Sixers with a free trip to China to play there and formalise a sister city arrangement with Shandong.
Read on.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-heading-to-china-to-shore-up-international-relations-with-shandongs-high-speed-golden-stars/news-story/1a3a3119cd25472fa14fc580824df01e

Topic #39148 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Adelaide's multiple-MVP Daniel Johnson is concluding the season playing in Puerto Rico and venerable forward Anthony Petrie also has been ruled out, needing an off-season break.

Sixers coach Joey Wright said his touring team would feature Mitch Creek, Brendan Teys, Lucas Walker, Nathan Sobey and Matt Hodgson from this year’s NBL fifth placegetter.

Squadmen and development players such as Sam Johns, Tyson Hoffman, Nelson Larkins and Adam Doyle will complete the line-up.

Playing for the 'Sam Johns/Daniel Carlin Dragon Fountain of Eternal Youth Margarine Cup'?

Reply #582931 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

That's a pretty sure sign Walker will be returning ?

Reply #582936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the idea of the sister city

Shandong has a population of 97 million people, if you can get a tiny portion of them following the NBL/Adelaide 36ers to some degree, even if its tuning into some sort of free tv coverage or live stream, that could work out to some massive ratings and potential sponsorship $$$ for the league/36ers

I assume this is one of the major things they are aiming for with this sort of move

Reply #582939 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The off-season trips to China with a 36ers skeleton team have been going on for a few years now, the Tigers used to do it with Gaze in tow and then I think he even started taking his own team over too.

With Walker I think I remember reading player contracts don't technically end until around May or something and as he didn't join the team until late last pre-season due to his SEABL team going deep into the playoffs perhaps he's being 'held' to this tour by the 36ers as he's still under contract.

Reply #582947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get too excited, Raheim the Dream played one year for Joeys team haha

Reply #582954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Contacts are usually until 30 June.

Reply #583141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754