Froggy
Years ago

Melton signs Tim Coenraad to short term contract

Melton Basketball Association would like to announce the signing of Tim Coenraad to a short term contract while the club is dealing with the Immigration clearance of our Import Ivan Harris.

Once the club were made aware of the unavailability of Ivan, Head Coach Grant Spencer was quickly on the phone to Tim asking if he would help the club in its time of need.

Tim is a veteran of the NBL having played 223 games all for the Illawarra Hawks and is known for his deadly 3-point shooting and mid-range post game.

Prior to the NBL Tim attended Nova Southeastern University (NSU) in Fort Lauderdale from 2005-2009, finishing as the Sharks all-time leader in games played, fourth in points and assists, fifth in rebounds, second in field-goals made, first in three-pointers made and third in free-throws made.

Melton Basketball Association welcomes Tim to the club and looking forward to him hitting the court for his first game with the club this weekend against Casey Sunday 6.30pm at Casey.

Topic #39156 | Report this topic

Call me maybe  
Years ago

Some big moves happening at Melton. Going to be tough for anyone to stop the team they put out there on Sunday! Coenraad, Patton, Todorov and the core they had from last year. I might have to google where Melton is and go watch a few games!

Reply #583047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like the sort of team that could play SCM and possibly win it if you ask me.

Reply #583199 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If I didn't know any better I may suspect they are going to try and make a point to the Big V this season...

Reply #583214 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Winning it should have been enough for them last year to go up to SCM - the team they're putting together now might embarrass the league a bit now.

Reply #583217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, the league has the audacity to put restrictions on other teams in terms of recruiting stating "uneven competition" and allow this to happen.

How can the league even tick off on teams stacking their roster like this whilst restricting others ??

Reply #583225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs wouldn't need to "stack" their teams if Big V promoted when deserved.

Watching Knox SCM team at Pre Season tournament, they do not deserve to be playing in that division.

League doesn't have a choice but to allow recruitment of players within rules.

Melton have chosen to make a point and plan to embarrass the league by making the division so one sided.

In saying that, Warrnambool have put together a very good team, as has Casey.

Time will tell.

Reply #583226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Manny Hendrix remaining in the league. Great addition by Collingwood D2.

Reply #583302 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Calvin Henry wont play this season. Been blocked by immigration.Has to wait for residency.Not sure what the story is there.

Reply #583305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hello anonymous:

In regards to Knox playing Big v, if you paid any attention, you would've noticed they had no imports DUMMY!!!

don't be a hater, just shut up

Reply #583355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and they played 3 games in 1 day,

u see the win against McKinnon this weekend?

Melton do deserve to be in champ along with casey, but it didn't happen. they'll get in next season.

Reply #583356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 1 team will be promoted from D1 into SCM next season.

The bylaws were changed at the AGM to stipulate that there is now direct Promotion and Relegation. One up One down.

This will be strictly adhered to.

So one of Casey or Melton will still be playing D1M next season.

Reply #583373 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

Well at least it's clear what teams are playing for this season. Two up, two down might be better given the number of teams in each division..

Reply #583424 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

2 up and 2 down was mentioned at the AGM but knocked back. It will definitely be only 1

Reply #583505 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

As long as it's certain, it'll still be an improvement on the current "system". Obviously gives the lower teams in SCM something to play for too.

Out of interest, is anything from the AGM publicly available?

Reply #583506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is in the by-laws now (as of the last AGM)

I would be worried if I were Melton as Casey only just lost to them and we're not full strength. Clearly have Meltons measure

Reply #583555 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Melton they don't have Coenraad all season either, although it's a bit tough to say that they clearly have their measure after round 1. One team has to win, games later in the year will be more important.

Reply #583561 | Report this post

Chief  
Years ago

I was at that game and Casey are hands down the better team. Melton just got hella lucky on the day

Reply #583562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting how some see the comp as a 2 horse race only this far out...

Whilst Casey were not at full strength neither were Melton as far as I can see.

Coenraad will be replaced by Ivan Harris, and Cam McCallum didn't play either so those 2 will make a bit of a difference also.

Reply #583595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Warrnambool into that group.

Reply #583597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on Chris Patton?

Also received a phone call regarding Sunbury they have signed Illawarra Hawks development player Liam Platt, I haven't heard of him does anyone have any info on him?

Reply #586869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard Patton is done for good....

Announcement shouldn't be too far away.

Reply #586903 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Melton must have got lucky against Casey again on the weekend, beating them by 24 this time. I don't think Casey were missing anyone.

Blackburn and Warrnambool looking pretty strong so far this season. Two pretty dominant players at Warrnambool, fairly even spread at Blackburn..

Reply #587402 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754