alexkrad
Years ago

Wildcats membership pricing (Here come the haters)

Captains Club (Adult)
Renewing $999
New $1,599

Platinum (Adult)
Renewing $949
New $1,299

Gold (Adult)
Renewing $699
New $899
Gold (Family 2X2)
Renewing $1,999
New $2,599

Silver (Child)
Renewing $279
New $399
Silver (Adult)
Renewing $399
New $599
Silver (Family 2X2)
Renewing $1,099
New $1,699
Silver (Family 2X3)
Renewing $1,319
New $1,999

Bronze (Child)
Renewing $199
New $219
Bronze (Adult)
Renewing $329
New $349

Topic #39160 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Renewing prices same as last years renewing prices. New prices look abit steeper?

Interesting to see if this takes into account 2 possible extra games? Which would then make the renewing price better than last year.

Reply #583077 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Pleasant surprise to see that renewal prices have not gone up for next season.

Reply #583078 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

>QUE HATERADE<

Kiss any chance of 10,000 members good bye.

$350 for the worst/highest seat in the house. They are gonna sink themselves in due course.

If they can afford to keep renewing members cost so low (well the same price), it indicates how much mark up they are stinging new people (& its a lot).

Reply #583079 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Or to look at it another way, they are rewarding those who demonstrate long-term loyalty, and those who want to jump on the bandwagon pay for the privilege.
You will also note that for Bronze the difference is minimal.

I'm pretty happy, we have decent seats and they are still only silver so only $399, which is not too much more than bronze.

Reply #583081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with FH that the Wildcats are must no longer be serious about reaching 10k members.
If you enter the arena doorways and walk downward to get to your seats then yes I can understand paying a premium for them. But when you enter and walk upwards you should not be paying $350+
When you can't even sell out a grand final decider in a city where basketball is popular that should tell you something isn't right.

Reply #583082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grand final game three was packed to the rafters. It's an interesting pricing model but it appears designed to keep fans on board long term. The question is whether the gain in renewals outweighs the fans that don't jump on board because of the higher price. Of course, prospective members can convince themselves by saying well it's only one year at the higher price...

Reply #583083 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Really?
We won a championship, which all other things being equal, will boost memberships, and they have kept renewals steady. That demonstrates a clear commitment to retaining members.

At the end of the day, we have to pay for using Perth Arena, which is a lot nicer than some shed out in the boonies.

When you can't even sell out a grand final decider in a city where basketball is popular that should tell you something isn't right.
ROFL
You do realise they sold over 13,000 tickets?
That's only about 500 shy of the record.

Reply #583086 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And therefore, not a sellout.

Reply #583098 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

And yet another completely irrelevant snipe from Kober...

Thanks for taking the time to visit...

Reply #583099 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

How was that not relevant? It was totally on topic.

Reply #583101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On topic but probably not material when referencing the size of the crowd for Game 3

Reply #583102 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Grand finals have fuck all to do with regular season prices as come playoff time we have to buy new tickets to attend... These tickets are solely for the 14 to 16 home games that we play during the NBL regular season.

If we get some sort of competition with say Chinese clubs and they play at Perth Arena, will we have to pay extra for that game or will those friendly or champions league type games (in a hypothetical world it could happen in coming years) will our memberships include these games ?

Reply #583104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At this stage, you'd assume they'd be extra as they'd be outside the NBL.

Reply #583107 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Luuc replace "Hooch" with "Dazz"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evmHpfj1WQ

Winning a championship does help membership sales. But lets look at history from a "fans" perspective.

Wildcats loose grandfinal series at the last season at Challenge. Crowds are bursting at the seems and there is the excitement of moving to brand spanking new Perth Arena. Membership prices are increased due to the move to Perth Arena.

First season at Perth Arena and Wildcats lose grandfinal series to NZ again and membership prices are increased for the following season.

As a fan you are like "OK, being at Perth Arena is pretty cool, we've got a good team, we should win the whole thing the next year - yay this is exciting."

Wildcats sign James Freakin Ennis and they win a championship. The Dunkshot king and championship glory has fans buzzing and membership prices increase.

As a fan you are like "yay! Being a wildcats member is awesome, Ennis jumps so high and that US dollar guy is pretty cool, we even have a player called Drake. this is alright, maybe we win again next year"

Wildcats sign DeAndre Daniels and a guy from guam. Drizzy Drake U'u is back and the core is there, but they bow out in the Semi finals to the lowest crowd number ever recorded at Perth Arena. And Membership prices increase

As a fan you are like "wow, DeAndre sucked this year, there was only like one dunkshot, also i don't think our coach is any good. and gee, the downturn in the economy is affecting my disposable income. The games nights are getting a bit repetitive I'm not sure I'll renew next year, it's getting pricey."

Memberships numbers are considerably lower than the past three seasons and attendances are the lowest since moving to the arena. This is addressed in the post season with "lower" ticket prices and promise to not increase membership prices the next season.

Wildcats win the championship. And membership prices stay the same.

Fans are now like "yay, won another championship, I love the wildcats yay! hopefully we win again next year. That Panther guy was awesome with the dunkshots, lets renew, it's the same price as last year."

While non-members who enjoyed the bandwagon ride to the ship will be like "wow, that was fun, lets be a member next year".

Will this translate to higher membership numbers? As a paying customer, hopefully it doesn't, so the ever small percentage chance of them lowering ticket prices can increase a little.

Reply #583117 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

One thing I've noticed is its relatively cheap to upgrade from Bronze to Silver membership($70 difference) and the price difference in Bronze between new and existing members is only $20.

Looks to me like they are trying to entice new members in on Bronze and entice existing bronze members to jump to silver and so on.

Reply #583128 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Good point. Am I correct in thinking that to upgrade an existing member (from last season) only pays the renewal price (not new-member)?
So again they are rewarding existing members

Reply #583130 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Yeah , I emailed the membership team and specifically asked them that question and that is correct. Quite a good strategy really, get them on board nice and cheap and move them through the ranks.

Reply #583135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Selling out a Grand Final Game 3 is easy.

Don't forget Wildcats couldn't get decent crowds for SF 1 & SF3 and also GF1. All crowd figures hidden.

Also with economic downturn don't see how they maintain regular season membership/attendance numbers.

Reply #583136 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Selling out a Grand Final Game 3 is easy.
Can't be that easy, given it didn't happen.

Don't forget Wildcats couldn't get decent crowds for SF 1 & SF3 and also GF1.
GF1 still wasn't a bad crowd.

Hell, compared to the rest of the league even the semi finals were good crowds.

Reply #583151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still low for Wildcats expectations. That's why all of a sudden they stopped publishing the crowd numbers.

Reply #583154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Perth Arena rent is high. Did they even breakeven on those semi games.

Reply #583155 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'm assuming that there will be a 28 game season again. Not sure how they are going to work that out with 9 teams. I can't see Perth keeping the membership prices the same giving us 2 free extra games. I would be pretty annoyed if after renewing my membership they announced it was only a 24 game season also.

Reply #583189 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Perth sold 13,000 tickets to their GF, and games during the year were over 10,000, some over 11k.
How many people does your team draw?

Selling out a GF G3 is actually difficult. Members seats were held until roughly 24 hours before the game, and approximately 1,100 were not bought and so released to the general public. I guess about half of those went unsold.
One of the BIG problems is the "corporate" and other high-end seating. They too have to be purchased for finals, and there are always plenty available.

And yes, I can assure you that the games are profitable for them.

Reply #583192 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I'm assuming that there will be a 28 game season again. Not sure how they are going to work that out with 9 teams."

In 2010/11 and 2011/12 there were nine teams and 28 games. From memory each team had four 4-game series and four 3-game series, I assume it will be the same if they go 28 games again next season.

BTW, getting a good chuckle out of those trying to paint Perth's crowds as poor. AFAIK they have the longest run of averaging over 10K in NBL history.

Reply #583198 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If they can afford tickets to the Wildcats they definitely aren't poor ;)

Reply #583207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant compare Perth in many ways too the rest of the country in regards to crowds. See it as hate or not, but not much else to watch sports wise there when the Cats are playing, they shouldve got a sellout for all the finals games, and there should be a real please explain to those who are marketing it. That should be easy!

Reply #583250 | Report this post

Anonymouse  
Years ago

What sports are available to watch in the rest of the country that are not available in Perth? It would be great to know just what we miss living over here under our rocks.
Did you know we have running water now!! FFS mate.

Reply #583254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754