ME
Years ago

NBL All-Star team to play against Team China

According to Boti article.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/breaking-china-an-nbl-challenge/

Topic #39187 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the idea of an NBL all star side playing against an asian team. Not sure how the logistics of having a Chinese side in the NBL regular season is going to work though. From memory it was a nightmare for the Singapore team.

Reply #583656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does the basketball champions league start?

Reply #583657 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Don't like the idea of a team in china. 10 hour flight is way too far

Reply #583658 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

We live in Australia. Every country is a long flight away.

Reply #583661 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Any one know what the longest flight would be in the NBA or Europe ?

Reply #583663 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The only way I can see and NBL China team working is if China were playing 5 game at home in a row then 5 games on the road over 3-4 weeks and so on. This would mean they would only have to do the China -Aus/NZ trip 3-4 times in the season. Aus/NZ teams would have to travel to China with no other games scheduled for 7-8 days and maybe look at playing 2 games at a time VS China.

Reply #583664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Train

That could work and how good for basketball would that be.

Reply #583665 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

It would be awesome. I think it can work, the draw just needs to be planned very well. The exposure for the NBL can potentially be huge and can certainly be a game changer.

Reply #583666 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

A few people are wary about this because of how Singapore went, but I remind them that Singapore and China are very, very different. China will support pro basketball of any kind in their country and if we can make the schedule work, it is a virtual no-brainer.

Reply #583681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never heard so much crap in my lifetime.
One of the reasons the Slingers folded was the fact that the Singapore Government withdrew their subsidy to fly in every team at their cost.
Will Chine do that? Their is no frikkin way that most NBL clubs could afford it themselves. Maybe the NBL should target the ASAEN league. Team China is a one off thing and all the players involved play elsewhere in China. I seem to think that most of the elite teams in China have 3 imports already.
Utter bollocks.

Reply #583682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget Conklin, Redhage amongst others for rough play, look out, here comes China. Do you know how dirty it gets. Even refs get attacked on court. Crazy fans.

Reply #583690 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Im intrigued, get Goorj and some Chinese sponsors and it could easily work and be hugely beneficial!

Just a bit of a shame that a champions league idea isn't given more credence though.

Reply #583712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11541524/nba-worst-four-games-five-day-series-nba-teams

Reply #583735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754