Isaac
Years ago

Torrey Craig not returning to the NBL

"We've definitely got interest in bringing Torrey Craig back," said Cairns Taipans head coach Aaron Fearne.

“But his agent has indicated that he will be joining a high level European club later this year instead.”

The departure of Craig opens the door for the Taipans, who will be looking at a relatively clean slate after a disappointing season.
The Taipans have retained Stephen Weigh, Alex Loughton, Cam Tragardh, Mark Worthington and Cam Gliddon for the 2016/17 NBL season
Full article

Topic #39195 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

I don't know why Fearne insisted on starting Torrey on the bench. I wonder if that factored into his decision to leave.

Reply #583859 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

They must of seen his buzzer beater and signed him!!

Reply #583866 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Torrey was excellent value and deserves a shot at something bigger in Europe. Just glad he hasn't decided to move to Perth or Adelaide. Cairns will welcome him back with open arms if things don't work out.

Reply #583870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Torrey Craig to the Kings, heard they are very interested only cause i know who the coach will be.

Reply #583877 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Nice story. What part of Europe is Sydney in again?

Reply #583882 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

ME...CJ Bruton may be able to tell you. ;-)

Reply #583885 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Torrey Craig to the Kings, heard they are very interested only cause i know who the coach will be.

Wouldn't be a Taipans assistant coach who used to be the Hawks longtime head coach by any chance?

Reply #583886 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Wouldn't be a Taipans assistant coach who used to be the Hawks longtime head coach by any chance?

Sorry, you're going to have to narrow that down a bit more...

I'm still trying to process the Gordie comment, but I think Torrey could be a good addition if Chill doesn't come back and we can get at least one other top shelf import... Only saw flashes of what he's capable of in Cairns and when he was on form, he was quite exciting and deadly...

Reply #583894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely not gordie, never coached in the nbl b4, he's really a chance if childress doesnt comeback.

Reply #583913 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

C.J did go to Europe, the North Ireland in particular :-)

Torrey's handle on geography may be similar to C.J's!

Reply #583922 | Report this post

Evan Elpus  
Years ago

Weighed down

Reply #583930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754