The Wombat
Years ago

Bullets chasing Motum, Bairstow, Pledger, Gibson

The papers up here in Brisbane claim that the Bullets are looking at Gibson, Motum, Bairstow and Alex Pledger.
I'll be very interested to see if Motum and particularly Bairstow are realistic targets.
Interestingly, they seem to have given up on bringing Goulding back.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/brisbane-bullets-target-boomers-tall-black-during-nbl-free-agency/news-story/5af55efde4aa3d377e35aeb6ecdfc1e5

Topic #39198 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

I doubt they get both Motum and Bairstow...I even doubt they'll get 1 of them.

Reply #583932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see the pledgehammer step out of his comfort zone after a successful if not injury filled run at the breakers. Lemanis connection could be important for the Bullets

Reply #583934 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tornado, they're probably not necessarily aiming to get both but putting more lines in the water.

Reply #583937 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I've often thought the Breakers didn't maximise their use of Pledger, although part of this may be related to injury woes. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Brisbane, but only if 100% healthy.

Another big I'd REALLY like to have is Jervis. Having him come off the bench is embarrassingly good for the Wildcats, would like to see what he does with a regular 25-30 minutes a game instead of scraps. Highly unlikely to ever leave Perth though.

I don't think Motum and Bairstow are unreasonable. Would be surprised if we don't get at least one. Both Brisbane-bred and would be offered the opportunity to be the face of the rebirth, plus ties to the National coach. Bear isn't getting another NBA contract and may find the NBL appealing if the price is right. Am assuming Brock could get a decent payday here then get a Euro contract again once the NBL finishes.

Shame about Bubbles, really keen to see him play at 'home'.

Reply #583940 | Report this post

The Wombat  
Years ago

I have to say, for the last few months I'd been imagining Gibson and Goulding to be the first signings. I even softened on Goulding toward the end of the season, thinking I'd be cheering him on next season.

I think Motum is a very realistic signing. He's already shown he doesn't consider himself to be above the NBL.

Either way, it looks like the Bullets intend on being immediate contenders.

Reply #583947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding Home? isn't he from Tasmania

Reply #583955 | Report this post

The Wombat  
Years ago

Yeah he's from Tassie. He went to school in Brisbane and started his career at the Bullets.

Reply #583958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More importantly who will be the DJ for the new Bullets, Mr bEn?

Reply #584246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754