Anonymous
Years ago

Top Ten Woollacott Medal Vote Getters

Who are they?

Topic #392 | Report this topic

charmaine  
Years ago

in my humble opinion, this will be the order....
1. holmes (by a long way 15 votes maybe)
2. forman
3. hawkes
4. bell (w)
5. ng
6. pochintesta
7. campbell
8. davis
9. bradley
10. gerlach

Reply #2899 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

Good list, Good luck to all. Agree Holmes is a street ahead. Pochintesta will surprise a few...quality player and bloke.

Reply #2901 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

This is my opinion with who the votes will go to...
1. Holmes (by far!!!)
2. Ng
3. Pochintesta
4. Forman
5. McKay
6. Davis
7. Hawkes
8. Bradley
9. Gerlach
10. Jingles

What about the women???? Any ideas people? My list as follows...

1. Phillips
2. Smith (D)
3. Screen
4. Bowley (M)
5. Mahoney
6. Truslove
7. Flanagan
8. Kelson
9. Smith (C)
10. Fricker

Reply #2903 | Report this post

X_factor  
Years ago

Mckay won't get anywhere near the top ten Omar. If anyone will score well for north it will be Ben Groves or Nick Hambour.

...and while i'm at it, Jess Mahoney only played about 4-5 games....even with 3 votes in all of them she won't be top ten.

Jingles won't poll more than 10 votes either.

My top 3 are Holmes, Cambell, Ng. Would have said Bell(w) but they only won 4 or 5 games which will hurt him.

In the girls, The two Smith girls will be first and second, Deanna of course will take it out.

More importantly, who will drink the most beer at Haydon's 21st this saturday night? Front runners would have to be Wood, Mac-T, Sweens and Sully, but its hard to go past the man himself.....Wayno......treat it, huhuhu.

Reply #2904 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

What about Scott Arnold from Norwood. He always gets attention from the Refs. He sucks up aswell. I suppose a couple of ejections and techs may count against him but he will poll reasonable well along with Keith Krause who averaged 18 ppg and 10 rpg. Agree holmes to win easily should poll close to 3 votes in every game he played.

Reply #2905 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

I wouldnt think too many players at norwood would be in contention for top 10. Did anyone really standout on a consistent basis this season?

Reply #2908 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

I don't think Ng will get as many votes as everyone thinks. Remember Reggie won the Best and Fairest for this season, and with so many other players (Bradley, Whitmore, Claytoe, Gravy, Wilson) that could potentially take votes from him.

Just cos his team didn't win too many games, doesn't mean we should count out Paul Bell. Greg Olbrich can vouch for not winning a game and getting the medal.

Reply #2909 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

Agreed Northerner... I think Paul Bell has had a great season and deserves to be in the top 4 for the medal.
Obviously Holmes will win, i doubt if there has ever been anything more certain, but as to who comes in after i would have my top 5 as...

1)Holmes.
2) Forman.
3) Bell.
4) Campbell
5) Pochintesta

Following that its hard to pick, but guys like Eric Bradley will poll well, as will Darren Ng, Nathan Hawkes and Ben Groves.

For the girls, its Deanna Smith all the way...
She could win the medal on the back of 1 game i saw against Southern. 51 points, 27 rbs and 11 assists.

Omar,
there is no way Jingles will be in the top 10. You got Pochintesta, Gerlach, Clarke, Hodges and Bowley all polling votes this year.

Reply #2911 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What was Jacob's worst game? He might well poll 3 votes in close to every game. Would've missed the first one entirely I think.

Reply #2926 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

He didn't play Norwood first time we played them I'm pretty sure...either rd 1 or 2 I thinks.

Reply #2957 | Report this post

hag  
Years ago

Holmes by 12 from
Bradley
Bell

Halls Medal
Deanna Smith by 1 from
Erin Phillips

Reply #3034 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worth posting that as a new topic on the front to make sure people get to see it I think. I'd do it, but you're the one with the info!

Reply #3035 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754