Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League: Round 3

So it is getting interesting in the mens;

FV trailed by only 7 at the final buzzer against Norwood with Holmes on court.

Tigers who have had doubters they could pull off a decent game without Creek and Johns. With Starling still out they pulled off a convincing win 94/58 clearing the bench with all players posting more than 9 minutes court time.

We are in for a ripper season at the top end but doubt the bottom end will be pretty.

Topic #39212 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The games night must be a joke

I dont know why the centrals club are allowed to play that many juniors in a senior competition

It seems insulting and disrespectful to all other clubs who put in teams of the highly skilled senior players that are competitive

Where did all their good players go ?

they are putting lambs out to slaughter

Not a game you would wont to pay to watch should be a refund as these teams cant even beat the Mavs social teams

I thought april fools day was over ?

Reply #584105 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For anyone looking for the stats: Premier League results

FWIW, those Box Scores are abysmal. Does Fox Sporting Pulse hate basketball?

Reply #584122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check out the live stats. They're archived.

Reply #584132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't been to a centrals game and have no idea the direction they seem to be heading, looks like after a few solid years they have decided to go with a youth movement following the recent success of their juniors. However playing juniors is a whole separate game to seniors, no disrespect to Sturt and even with a GF appearance last year, their dominance of juniors hasn't really translated to senior success. The argument that all their talented juniors head off to college etc doesn't make sense to me as surely they would have some returning every year. To be successful IMO, clubs open up the cheque book like Southern has this year, unless there's injuries or other commitments, they would be the raging favorite with Starling dominating inside and Creek head and shoulders above this league and Johns a great guard.
Recent rumblings up north seems there are some politics at play, will see if these juniors can hack some competition, it's up to the coach to how teams are picked, unless maybe you're a junior coach and like I said, politics start. Will be interesting to see if all the work that's been done in the last few years will fall by the wayside with movements and departures.

Reply #584133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern just won by 36 without any of those aforementioned players. I'd say there's something much more important that cheque book. Except Dodman I think all of those players had played on unsuccessful southern teams in the past few years. So I'd say there's one big thing more important than $.

Reply #584134 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

saying that $$ aren't involved with Southern this year is akin to suggesting Donald Trump is doing some voluntary work at the abortion clinic..delusional

Reply #584140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many do you think got paid on the weekend?

Reply #584147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree a lot of politics going on up north somthing smells fishy

The rumblings around the mkCD club is the new coach only took a one year contract and not sure why ?

so is this guy being used as a pawn by the club for the assistant coach who they want in that spot. The assistant coach seems to be doing a lot of the coaching at the games taking over from the head coach

I heard some one say this was being done like this by dumping all the older players for juniors so his son and a few other juniors would be on the premier league side before the head coach is given the flick for poor performance and the assistant is given the premier league team next year. Sound like the head coach is being set up

They said it was being done that way so no one can say anything about his son being selected as was already on the side

looks like la lot of nepotisum going on with assistant coach and president of that club pushing there kids into higher spots

Its disappointing if this is true

Does any one monitor these behaviors ?

Reply #584168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Credit where due to Southern winning convincingly without Mitch Sam and Alex. And what is wrong with arming your club with players to beat the supposed unbeatable team of Norwood. Power to them.

Reply #584179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754