Train
Years ago

Bullets sign Adam Gibson for three years

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/brisbane-bullets-sign-nbl-star-daniel-kickert-and-boomers-guard-adam-gibson/news-story/db86348a399b6bb2284f5ec018223fe7

Nothing we didn't already now , but it's official now.

Topic #39231 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Looks like Torrey Craig is very close to signing also

Reply #584466 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Torrey Craig would be extremely high on my list of targets (perhaps no. 1) if i was recruiting.

Reply #584479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MACDUB, really? Surprises me. Good player but I'd be locking in locals as a priority.

Reply #584481 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, especially with Kickert inside, having a player like Craig at the 3 spot helps make up for K's lack of rebounding.

Reply #584482 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Isaac, can see what you're saying but I see difficultly in trying to find a local SG/SF who is starter-level. Goulding, Lisch, Webster are all locked up. Finding a local SG outside of these leads you to non-natural SG's (ala Gibson) or guys who simply arent' starter level yet.

He is a terrific two-way player, size gives added rebounding, versatility with his ability to shoot and attack the rim, good passing game etc.

He would really flourish in Lemanis' system if he orchestrates a similar style to his Breakers day.

Reply #584485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep id go for torrey craig too

Was hoping the 6ers would get him,

Reply #584487 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't mean locking in a local at that position necessarily. Lock in good locals regardless of position and then fill gaps with imports. Any strong local you sign deprives eight other teams of the same opportunity. Snatch Craig and the other teams just go to a huge pool of (admittedly less-proven) players.

That said, maybe there aren't many great locals as free agents. Penney maybe?

Reply #584505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754