Anonymous
Years ago

Perth set to sign Motum

I've been told from several wildcats staff, that they are soon to announce a 2 year deal with Motum, which will end Matt Knight and Jawai's time with perth

Topic #39243 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

I hope you are right but I doubt it

Reply #584593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great get if true

Motum and Jervis makes a good big combo, and they could also use the 3rd import spot on a big aswell

Reply #584595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hearing the same thing

Reply #584596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff will probably be a starter.Beal by the sounds of it is coming back so so far

Damo
Beal
Prather?
Import
Motum

Probaly could use another import PG/SG to round out the backcourt and spell Damo or beal or even use Beal as a 6th man.

Reply #584597 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

If Matt Knight isn't retained, where do people think he would go?

NZ, Sydney, Brisbane all have the 4 covered.

Adelaide, Wollongong and Melbourne. Which one?

Reply #584598 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

#Radelaide

Reply #584599 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Would be a good pairing with Kickert in Brisbane.

Reply #584602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide clearly have no interest in actually signing big guns themselves. Motum probs offered too much money to deny. Well don to him if true.

Reply #584603 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We've got Randle and DJ, steady on son

Reply #584605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET, those do didn't really get anything done. The 36ers will need more support than those too, son. Teams are stacking Adelaide are chilling.

Reply #584607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight to the Hawks could be the safe money.

Reply #584611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is motum the replacement for knight or jawai?

Reply #584612 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Maybe Knight is doing a greenwood and switching to footy?

Reply #584616 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Maybe he is staying? Motum and knight at small and power forward, with a import centre and Ennis and damo? Beal,Kenny,waggs,Jervis and Redhage.

Reply #584617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight would be a great fit for 36ers, Hawks, Kings or Melbourne imo

Reply #584619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the 36ers have atleast made contact

Reply #584620 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Marvin stated in an article in the west recently that he was confident of Knight sticking around. Maybe thats changed, but i think the team could accomodate for Knight and Motum if Knight went back to playing the 5.

Damo/Kenny
Beal/Import
Prather/Hire
Motum/Wagstaff
Knight/Jervis

Reply #584622 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

If we can't retain Knight then I'd love a Gladness type epic rim protector on this team as you'd imagine that Motum, Wagstaff and Redhage will keep shooting threes and we need someone inside.

Still hope that we can get Ennis interested and hopefully Beal takes a bench spot this season

Reply #584623 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Ibekwe or Charles Jackson would be handy too

Reply #584624 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

NBL going to have some serious talent next year if all these rumours are true

Reply #584625 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

All these rumours suggest to me is that we are headed for a 4 team comp.

Reply #584628 | Report this post

Hadouken  
Years ago

Knight should retire soon.

He has had too many concussions.

Reply #584629 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That would be an awesome signing for Perth. Knight's defence, rebounding and toughness would be a nice pairing with Motum. Having said that, if Perth don't want Knight, we'd love to have him in Adelaide! He would also complement DJ very well!

Reply #584630 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

With the new salary rules preventing teams from stacking their bench (at least in terms of $$$) coming into effect, this would make sense from Perth and be much more likely than it would seem.

Knight would probably have to take a pay cut to stay in Perth. Meanwhile, Adelaide and especially Wollongong would have to be pretty keen to add him.

Reply #584631 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

All these rumours suggest to me is that we are headed for a 4 team comp.

Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, NZ?

Reply #584633 | Report this post

Miniconn  
Years ago

Possible destination is Hawks, rekindle the love with Beveridge

Reply #584644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would have to be worried about Knights concussion issues. Its simply to serious of a injury type and he plays with such abandoned it will always be the white elephant in the room in regards to his longevity. Great addition to any team if he is healthy though, would fit Adelaide well as we haven't had a decent big that likes to do the dirty stuff for years... or the gong as mentioned.

Reply #584646 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

"All these rumours suggest to me is that we are headed for a 4 team comp."

So you'd prefer a 2 team comp of NZ vs Perth? Cos that's what we've been getting these past few years.

(Obviously aside from the Cairns V NZ GF, which still had NZ in it)

Reply #584647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

happy about signing Motum. why does it mean the end of Knight?

Reply #584648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was hinted by marvin in a article that knight may be hard for them to keep

Reply #584649 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

"....Possible destination is Hawks, rekindle the love with Beveridge...."

Beveridge has been in town. Latest i've heard is he now wants out of Wollongong after Lisch' exit & is planning an exit strategy to break his recently signed contract...!

Reply #584679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would seem odd. I've pictured bevo as a guy who enjoys coaching regardless of the type of talent his team might have.

Reply #584709 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Bevo recently signed a contract extension. Why would he break it now?

Reply #584711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only reason Bevo would break the contract is if the Boomers job becomes available which is definitely possible should it stay full time

Reply #584712 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Bevo lost his job in Perth(which you can tell still hurts him to this day) because he made no secret of his desire of coaching the National team.

Reply #584713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bevo recently signed a contract extension. Why would he break it now?"

Maybe he is trying to avoid the inevitable "save our hawks" campaign coming this year?

Reply #584716 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

Maybe Knight is doing a greenwood and switching to footy?

Don't laugh, that is his stated desire, and he has already had talks with Joondalup Falcons (West Perth).

Motum would be a good add for any team, but I'd be surprised, annoyed,and pissed if it costs us Knight.
Motum is more than capable of playing the 5, in place of Jawai, keeping Knight at PF.

I'd still be sad to see Big Nate go, but I guess we can't have everything.
Also kinda disappointed that Motum doesn't want to return to the 6's. He and DJ were an unstoppable front-court duo.

Reply #584729 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

Ch10 just reported, Jervis maybe heading to Brisbane, Hire maybe playing elsewhere didn't say where.

Reply #584747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis is under contract so unless he is released that isn't happening

Reply #584749 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Would suggest hire to hawks.....

Reply #584751 | Report this post

drake  
Years ago

To be able to afford Motum maybe they had to choose between Knight and Jervis?. If Knight was healthy then I would choose him over Jervis but the problem is he can go down anytime.

Reply #584755 | Report this post

drake  
Years ago

I should add that because Knight can play the 4 and 5 he is just more versatile and not to mention a better player.

Reply #584758 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'd be pretty annoyed if Jervis and Hire left. There the only 2 WA boys left in the team.

Reply #584760 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Dont get stanky over having no WA boys - everyone else here has always said "it didnt matter" & "its business" regarding that no personnel was from WA, so cant play that card....!

Reply #584785 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

There are potentially two issues facing players like Jervis and Hire.
Assuming Perth use the Local Marquee slot to secure Motum or retain Jawai.
That STILL leaves them 3 import slots to fill. So say Beal, Prather, and probably something like a stretch-4. Wagstaff will be pushed back to 7th man.
That leaves them not only struggling for minutes, but also in the "5 under $400k" bucket. Take out Wagstaff's salary and that doesn't leave much to go around.

Reply #584806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be a shame to lose hire but he might be the one squeezed out by the new rules. For him personally it might also be the right move to get more opportunity but he is a big part of the Perth culture and is looked at as a team leader despite his limited role.

He also seems to be great for chemistry which should not be underestimated and is active helping the Perth community so it can't be an easy decision.

Jervis is a MUST retain if the rumors about jawai departing are true. He was outstanding this year and would presumably get a bigger role so I would be puzzled to see him leave

Reply #584836 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

If we did lose Jervis then I'd be happy with Burston as a replacement.

If it was between Redhage and Hire then I'd pick Hire every day of the week.

Redhage is past it and looks like he doesn't get along with Gleason but Hire is good for chemistry and underrated rebounder and good for the community.

My team would look something like...hopefully

Gladness/Jervis or Burston
Motum/Wagstaff
Prather/hire
Rotnei/Steindl (want a flat out shooter)
Martin/Kenny

Reply #584852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754