Isaac
Years ago

Gleeson confident of retaining Prather

The coach said he was "very much" confident one of those import slots would again be filled by Prather, who led the team in scoring during last summer's title-winning campaign.

“I talked to Casey last week and he’s pretty keen,” Gleeson told The Sunday Times from Philadelphia.

“We’d like to have Casey back. He’s said that he wants to come back, but obviously there’s a bit of water to go under the bridge before all the agreements are being ticked. We’re certainly down that track.
Full story

Topic #39246 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

i bet AJ is getting nervous

Reply #584658 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gleeson is a flog.

Reply #584665 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

A flog with two NBL championships under his belt, not a bad effort

Reply #584667 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

You keep flogging yourself and we all be happy

Reply #584669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice for Perth

Damo/Kenny
Beal/Import SG/SF
Prather/Hire?
Import/Wagstaff
Motum/Jervis

Depending on the prowess of the PF import Perth should be the team to beat again. I would look at Charles Jackson or a player of his skill set if I am Perth .

Reply #584670 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely they'll have Knight as the starting C and someone like Motum as the PF. No reason you wouldn't do everything to retain Knight given he's been their anchor for a while now.

Reply #584672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather was great for league and by the time all was said and done he went from shaky to stud. Side note, Cats for life does not speak for all of us when refering to being happy if ypu keep flogging yourself. Disturbing comeback.

Reply #584673 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

Lachie Reid sounds confident on Twitter that knight will be in Perth

Reply #584674 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

So if Matty is staying and the Motum/Prather rumours are true the team might look like

Damo/Kenny
Beal/Import?
Prather/Greg Hire
Motum/Wagstaff
Knight/Jervis

I would say depending on the quality of the 3rd Import and Knights health Perth should not slip much or if at all compared to the rest of the league.The frontcourt of Knight/Motum and the backups in Wagstaff and Jervis should be a nice combo of inside and outside shooting. I think this probably also means Redhage has called it quits.

Reply #584688 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Redhage might stay on as 11th man

Reply #584692 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #584750 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti on Twitter:

Jesse Wagstaff is staying, Damo, Matty have quality offers

Reply #584840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo? I thought he was locked up already

Reply #584857 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure it'd be any chance of happening, but it'd be very interesting if Damian Martin went to Wollongong, replacing Rhys Martin (if he went to Brisbane).

Reply #584882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So hes out of contract Isaac?

Reply #584887 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

For what it is worth. Damo and Knight were both at a kids school session today as part of the Wildcats.

Reply #584889 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasn't on the free agent list so maybe Boti was referencing an extension of some sort?

Reply #584890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo too was doing kids sessions before leaving. That means nothing as just filling contract requirements. Peachs kids and wife still played in Adelaide as news of his move announced.

Reply #584905 | Report this post

drake  
Years ago

Damo has a player option on his contract and Knight Is a free agent

Reply #584919 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754