Topic #39254 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

I don't think we will see him in the nbl next season

Reply #584803 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

Depends.
Guys signed to the D-League get what, around $25k USD?
How much (if at all) extra do they get when they sign a 10-day contract?
If it's a choice between $30k in the D-League and $300k in the NBL...

Reply #584807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Started for the Pelicans and had 29 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. 5/8 3P, 6/7 FT in 40 minutes. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400829095

Should be good enough to get a full, minimum contract.

Reply #584809 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Yeah thats where I was going with my previous comment. He's shown what he can do in the NBA now. I'm pretty sure he'll get picked up by the Pelicans or another team.

Reply #584810 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Some obscure player always goes nuts in the last couple games of the season, when teams shut down their stars. I remember Patty basically inheriting the Spurs offense one year and scored like 65 points over 2 games. Ended up top 10 in the league for points per minute.
Patty was able to turn that into solid minutes the next season. Hopefully Ennis can do the same thing.

Reply #584814 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ennis had a handful of good games last year for Miami, but I think more than anything the fact that he didn't stick in Memphis is a bit of a concern because on paper he should've been pretty much exactly what they needed.

Reply #584818 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Unfortunately Ennis's skillset & position are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

I have really liked Tim Frazier if you want to talk about out of no-where D-leaguers. His numbers have been exceptionally good.

Reply #584824 | Report this post

HMMM  
Years ago

D-leaguers have 3 categories A B and C the C players get paid 30k a year the B a bit more closer to 50-75K and the A players are the borderline NBA players many are already on NBA contracts and the minimum is 550K so unless you got some serious cash good luck.

Reply #584848 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Ennis's career high points in an nba game is now only 4 fewer than Kawhi Leonard's. Finals MVP potential right there.

Reply #584862 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

D-leaguers have 3 categories A B and C the C players get paid 30k a year the B a bit more closer to 50-75K and the A players are the borderline NBA players many are already on NBA contracts and the minimum is 550K so unless you got some serious cash good luck.
Ah, no.
$25k USD is the TOP D-League salary, although probably it has gone up with inflation since last year. (They also get accommodation I think.)
The issue, is how many call-ups they get.

I'm not sure exactly how the pay works, but GOOD D-League players who a lot of 10-Day contracts, or preferably a full NBA contract, can make some serious dough.

There is no question that if Ennis is inline for a full contract, we won't see him again soon. That much has always been obvious.
Ennis has always shown potential, but starring in a dead rubber at the arse end of the season, doesn't guarantee it.

That said, my hunch is that it will generate enough interest to make him hang around. Every year there are some guys plucked from the D-League and signed to multi-year deals, that's the dream. As long as there is interest, that dream stays alive, and hopefully the 10-day contracts keep the bills paid.
If he he goes through next season with regular call-ups, that might put the dream to rest.

Reply #584863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ He's actually correct, but said it kinda wrong. He means the guys that are NBA rostered playing in the D League is C

Reply #584870 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Good day for ex-NBL imports today.
Ennis with 29points (11/20), 6/11 3pt for the Pelicans.
And Jordan McRae went even better for the Cavs with 36 points (14/29), 7 assists and 4 rebounds.
McRae likely won't see any court time during the Playoffs, but he at least showed them he's good to go if they need it. Slight dampener being that he had 3 free throws to end the game, and missed 2 of them. If he made all 3, they would have gone to double overtime.

Reply #585002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754