Lisch
Import SF
Garlepp
Khazzouh

and then an import off the bench

Reply #584969 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

What's the word on Childress? Or is there not enough money left for someone like him now? I wonder if he'll lob up at another club.

Reply #585025 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Childress looks like he MIGHT return if he doesn't make the NBA.

Reply #585063 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

And he would be returning to Sydney

Reply #585064 | Report this post

Shooter  
Years ago

Couldn't really see him making an NBA roster these days...? I might be mistaken though, stranger things have happened! Not that he isn't a fantastic player at every other level.

Reply #585066 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I will be honest here, I think that's a bad signing, this is a team that has a star Aussie Centre and a back up PF, that it seemed like the ideal time to get a Conklin type import in this team but instead they get a bloke that e here is great in training and a top bloke but he doesn't run the floor hard and he is a pathetic rebounded and for what he'd be paid you'd get a decent rebounding inside presence, but now they are just limiting themselves.

Would they get imports playing the same position (think McCamey/Wilson in Cairns or that horrendous Hawks lineup with Ervin and his running mate) and this seems a train wreck as you've spent t a heap on Lisch and giving him less than 30minutes a game is selling yourself short.

They won't get an import Centre like Charles Jackson as that takes court time off of JK and Garlepp

Reply #585074 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is Brandt also contracted?

Reply #585087 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

paul - No. Brandt was listed as 'Option not taken' in the free agents' list.

Reply #585093 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm hoping Tommy comes off the bench at the 3/4 spots for instant offense... Lisch makes us a better defensive team, but Tommy has been a big part of why our D has stunk, for all his effort. Too slow to close out on the perimeter, not strong enough to compete inside. Hell of a scorer, though.

Reply #585095 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Agree with Angus, the strength of the team will be if he comes off the bench or not... He's worked on other aspects of his game in past seasons, maybe he can turn his attention to that part of his game?

A couple of other quality bigs out there that could help out though...

Reply #585146 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

I rated Garlepp as one of the better local PF's (as opposed to PF/C) And prior to the rule changes, that made him a valuable commodity.
Now? With the ability to chase an Aussie Marquee PLUS 3 imports...

Reply #585202 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Did someone suggest that Tommy is coming off the bench... Does that mean that Jeromie Hill starts?

Any wonder he got himself a three year deal before last season

Reply #585248 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The team isn't finished by a long way yet, still plenty of time to get another starting quality PF, Hill doesn't need to factor into any equations, especially with 11 players now...

Reply #585249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754