Farrison Hord
Years ago

#MambaDay

Seeing as no one else has posted!

Post your favorite Kobe moment (good or bad) to celebrate one of the the all time greats!

Topic #39262 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

The Mamba farewell tour has been pretty wretched IMO. Going to be watching the Warriors.

Favourite moment is probably the 82 point game, especially watching it live on TV without having any clue he'd reach 82 - he had only a handful of points at the half, like 20ish? I think a couple of Raptors players probably had money on Kobe scoring more than 80 with the way they defended him, though.

Reply #584946 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

81.....but who's counting... ;)

Reply #584947 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I am so emotional today, so more emotional than what I thought i would be. Hopefully I don't burst into tears as I might cause water damage to the computer in the office.

I guess the feeling i have at the moment is like a little kid having a hero in a film/book and that hero dying.

You never want your heroes to die/stop doing what they're doing.

I guess the emotion also comes from the fact of knowing how much the game meant to Kobe and watching him having to deal with his body failing him is hard to watch.

Reply #584950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe knowing how many millions of $$ he has in the bank can alleviate your pain some?

Reply #584953 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

For a guy many regard as selfish and shoot first, my Kobe greatest moment is an assist to Shaq on the alley oop, Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals 2000 v Portland to seal the biggest fourth-quarter rally in a Game 7 in league history.

I have mixed emotions today. One of my favourite all time players who's given me so many great days watching hoops, but this farewell season has been a suckathon and the circumstances regarding his contract etc played a big part in that and the momentous suck of the past couple of seasons. Injuries of course played their part and the franchise is certainly responsible as well.

I'll miss watching him play though and he remains one of my 3 favourite all time Lakers

Reply #584955 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Who would watch the 16 win lakers over the chance to see steph curry and the Warriors make history?? LOL

Reply #584957 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Ironic given your handle is 'Ingles13'. Kobe is my favourite athlete of all time, I just wish he had retired 3-4 years ago. I'll be watching today as he winds the clock back a little

Reply #584963 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Kobe going for 60 on the 14th of April 2016.... Oh wait

Reply #584972 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Good to see he stayed true to form, only needed 50 shots to score 60 points.

Reply #584976 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Is it over yet? Finally! Now can we get on with building this team up to be a serious contender? What a joke this farewell tour has been.

Reply #584998 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

The 'joke' of a farewell tour may end up being the sole reason the Lakers keep their draft pick. If it happens, it's probably because of Kobe. Which is a new kind of genius really.

Reply #585007 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He took four more shots than the day he scored 81.

Reply #585014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

60 the comeback W and now its all over. Great day for Baksteball. Curry went a head and messed around for 46 in 29 minutes got his team to 73-9 and also made 400 3 pointers, C'mon now!

Reply #585018 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The NBA, where amazing happens!

Reply #585034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many haters for the sake of hating. Allow yourself to get caught up in the nostalgia once in a while. The man turned the clock back and stole a game in the process. All that after his body shut down and they threw a complete rebuild around him. Was a special NBA day, and in many ways the Warriors will have been happy to almost achieve their history on the down low. As they have alot more to do come June. Kobe created history today, no one will most probably ever score 60 in a final game again. Respect greatness, it doesnt last.

Reply #585049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Kobe made three more shots instead of missed them he would have been 50% from the field! Although 50 is a lot of shots he did make 22 of them which is still not far off 50%
Apart from lakers winning all those championships probably one of the best games I have ever watched!!

Reply #585053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A fairy tale ending to an amazing career, never a fan but huge respect, up there in top 5 players ever in the history of basketball.
My favourite moment wasn't even when he had the ball in his hand or it was even on the court. Guarding Matt Barnes on the baseline inbound and Barnes tried to punk him and pretended to throw it in his face, Kobe never flinched and just stared him in his face, was totally stone cold and just showed how mentally strong he was, don't think anyone could have done that, every time I see it gives me goosebumps. So for all the points and championships and awards he got, that's what I remember the most, how much of a warrior he was and is.

Reply #585057 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Love Kobe!!!!

He's not a flog :)

Reply #585059 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

My favourite Kobe memory is when he torn is achilles and still went to the free throw line. All time great

Reply #585061 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Probably that time I saw him drop 60 in his final game in person with a few facials at Ingles expense. I'd put that as my favourite Kobe moment. The entire city was insane, as if it was playoffs or something

Reply #585070 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Speaking of the city going crazy, nosebleed seats for the game were selling for over $700....and courtside for up to $27500. Say what you like about the guy but he put bums on seats and dollars in the owner's pockets....right to the last game.

Reply #585124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently sales from Kobe merch inside the arena hit $1.6 million

Reply #585125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

81 for sure

Reply #585159 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Regardless of how much Kobe humbled Jingles, he also humbled a lot of the other Jazz players as well.

Jingles will always be the only Aussie who can tell his grand-kids he guarded the great man in Kobe's last game when he dropped 60 on the Jazz. Well done, Joe.

Reply #585172 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754