Anonymous
Years ago

Tom Jervis to Brisbane

I think this is a big blow for the Cats, Jervis' contributions this year were underrated.

Where to now? I guess the third import will need to fill the big man vacancies left by Jawai and Jervis? With Knight to play more C and Motum at the 4?

Topic #39271 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

Big loss for the cats if true. Can understand why he's want to leave for more opportunities though.

Looking forward to seeing how the cats recruit this off season. You'd hope they have some big signings up their sleeves

Reply #585182 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, as a Perth fan this is disappointing, but he deserves the minutes/money and this might be his last chance to cash in.

Reply #585183 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Brisbane really stock piling the bigs

Reply #585184 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Perth just making room for Dunigan.

Reply #585185 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Dunigan can naturalize by now right?

Reply #585187 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Personally if like Burston off the bench but I wouldn't be disappointed if we got Majok Majok.

Mitch Young is available and I made a reference to him in playoffs last season that the way the refs call playoff games, Mitch Young is the ideal player to have as he's not soft and is a Vukona type that will get to the loose ball first and draw fouls from that so I'd welcome him as a big off the bench too... Admittedly all three are a downgrade on Jervis.

Reply #585189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A Motum, Dunigan and Knight frontline will be interesting. Dunigan and Knight are very good defensive players and good rebounders and Motum is a gun and I mean gun offensive player.

Reply #585192 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Disappointing to lose a local that we developed so well.

Jervis is a quality player, but I guess in the Cats system he's not prime time enough to be a starter, and he's too good to come off the bench.
He's been rock solid for us and his play has definitely worthy of more minutes than we've been able to find for him, so I wish him all the best in Brissy. Definitely can't blame him for seeking a bigger opportunity.

Reply #585194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of talk about Jervis not getting there opportunity to be a starter but with jawai allegedly leaving, wouldn't that have opened the door for him? So I'm guessing the cats informed him they expected to sign a big man who would be ahead of him in the rotation. Motum perhaps that man, with knight shifting back to centre?

Reply #585197 | Report this post

Crazy Dazz  
Years ago

People are so full of shit.
Jervis has already exercised his option. He is contracted to the Wildcats.

Why not actually READ the FA list put out by the NBL, instead of just making stuff up.

Anything can still "happen" (just look at Greenwood) but at this point it would require a mutual agreement. Not impossible, but why would they do that???
Until I see something confirmed by either Jervis, the Cats, or the Bullets, I tend to believe the NBL document.
Cats definitely want to keep him. Where else will they find such a good backup option.
I think id Brisbane were serious about him, they would easily have got to him before he took his option.
Even IF we sign Motum, Jervis is still the perfect backup. The great thing is that he can easily play 20~25 minutes at the 5, and Motum/ Knight can play ~25 each between the 4 & 5.
The problem this season, was that we couldn't really have Jervis and Jawai on together.

Reply #585198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth are talking to Dunigan, maybe they are thinking

Jawai out for Motum
Jervis out for Dunigan

That would be one of the few reasons they may consider letting him go

Tough to break up a title team, but they would both be moves that are potentially upgrades if they can keep the rest together

Reply #585205 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dazz, I don't think Boti is making it up. If he's mentioning it, he's definitely heard and confirmed that something is afoot.

Reply #585207 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Why not start jervis at c and knight at pf. ? Jervis started games before when knight was injured and did a great job.

Jervis c
Knight pf
Prather sf
Beal sg
Martin pg

Kenny pg
Wroe pg
Wagstaff pf/sf
Steindl sf
Pal pf/c
Hire sf

Reply #585208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it looks like they are looking for a import big and Motum

To bring them in something has to go

Jervis is fantastic, id love im at the 36ers, but maybe they think they can get a import who is better for similar $$$

If they are talking to Dunigan, he played D-league last season, where they dont get big bucks, he might jump at $80-100k+ to come back to Perth

I assume Jervis would have been on atleast that sort of money,

If you could get Dunigan or Jervis for the same $$$ who would you chose??

Reply #585209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FWIW i would have seeked to bring back the same team

Just replaced forced changes

ie if Jawai wants to leave, swap him out for Motum

But the prospect of bringing back Dunigan might be too good to pass up, even if it means letting Jervis go

Reply #585210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is this dunigan talk coming from? I'm pretty sure Paul was just taking the p1ss?

Reply #585212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt Jervis would've been on 100k here. Remember Perth rescued him off the scrap heap when he was just about to retire

Reply #585215 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

More like he rescued Perth. Not vice-versa.

All you clowns need to let Dunigan go. He's on the scrap pile where he belongs.

Reply #585219 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

DUNIGAN to perth, confirmed

Reply #585220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz having an offseason melt down, now I really hope Jervis is gone!

Reply #585222 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

With 4 bigs of Jervis, Young, Kickert and Petrie along with Torrey Craig at the 3 spot, Brisbane are starting to build a nice front court.

Reply #585224 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Dunigan confirmed where?

Reply #585225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the Dunigan to Perth " Confirmed"? If it is true you would think a Motum, Knight, Dunigan and Wagstaff is a lot better then a Jawai, Knight, Jervis and Wagstaff frontline.

Motum>Jawai

Dunigan>>Jervis.

It will be interesting what perth will do with their two import spots left.

Reply #585226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

red74 hire is going to the Hawks

Reply #585228 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@RMQ - now look what you have done :P

Reply #585229 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Says who?

Reply #585230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will see.

Reply #585231 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

With my eyes. Yes. But who is your source?

Reply #585232 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

No source. But my own

Reply #585254 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Jervis. Petrie. Bruce. Craig all Brisbane bound. Two players being announced tomorrow.

Reply #585260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will field a new look frontline and a bench. most likely goners

Prather
Jawai
Hire
Jervis
Redhage.

Unknown
Beal

That is the majority of their championship team.

Reply #585261 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Prather is coming back to Perth

Reply #585263 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

People are so full of shit.
Jervis has already exercised his option. He is contracted to the Wildcats.

Why not actually READ the FA list put out by the NBL, instead of just making stuff up.
Oops.

Reply #585311 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Haha DW KBrulz that's just Dazz. And Dazz is crazy.

Reply #585320 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754