Pointybits
Years ago

Kay to Illawarra Hawks

Boti's rumour of 2 or 3 weeks ago is right on with the Hawks, drip feeding based marketing, soon to confirm that Townsville's Kay will join his captain, Norton, in Wollongong for the 16/17 season

Topic #39304 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if Adelaide even picked up the phone or so much as liked something from his FB page haha

Great job from the Hawks to try and bounce back from the departing Star power. Ogilvy and Kay is a tough cover inside!!

Reply #585889 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Nice! I hope the Hawks use their import spots on a big tough rebounding PF and a scoring shooting guard and just let Norton and Martin run the point all season.

Reply #585917 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Great signing for the Hawks.

Reply #585921 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

If true, two very nice pickups for the Hawks!

Reply #585931 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Why would they go a tough rebounding PF for with Kay and his backup Ellis already in that position, guessing that Kay may play some 5 when Ogilvy is getting a breather but Ellis is proficient enough in this league for atleast 15 minutes a game... He was becoming a star late last year.

As for Foreman, has he not only relinquished his captaincy but his roster spot at the Hawks?, I wonder where he will go next for another 200 games? Adelaide ?

Reply #585951 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Hawks have been killed on the boards for years and as good as Ogilvy and Kay are they still wouldn't have matched up to Perth's front court from last year. Ellis could Not guard Matt Knight.

Reply #585959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy could not guard Prather...

Reply #585961 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

^ Duh...why would he?
Ogilvy and Kay wont and cant both play 40mins so when one is resting you expect Ellis or Forman to guard the 4 spot? we know what happens when Forman try's that and I wouldn't expect Ellis to be much better. Hawks need another quality big to compete with the top teams and with 2 imports to come why wouldn't they, they already have 2 starting quality PG's signed.

Reply #585968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have I missed something have we already signed an import? why are people suggesting we only have 2 imports to sign?

Reply #586018 | Report this post

Asics Gel  
Years ago

Im pretty sure the Hawks GM said that s/he and Bevo were going to Vegas searching for 3 imports in the Forman article.

So why are people saying only 2 imports to fill.

With 6 players signed, and 3 imports spots to go places are filling up fast.

Reply #586019 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In Bevo's past five seasons in the NBL he has started every season with an import spot free in case of injury etc, I'm not that will change this season.

Ogilvy/Forman
Kay/Ellis
Import 3-4/Coeenraad
Import (Clarke?)/White
Martin/Norton/Demos

Reply #586022 | Report this post

Asics Gel  
Years ago

Wow! I didn't know Demos, Coenraad or Kay had signed.
Hawks website only says 6 signed.

Would the Hawks consider someone like Adris Deleon to come back? I heard he is playing on same team as AJ at the moment. Proven scorer in the league could be good right?

Reply #586026 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think they have, that was just me speculating on what the line-up might look like.

Reply #586030 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bevo was over here looking at an SBL import, which doesn't seem likely if they're leaving a spot free.

Reply #586032 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Kay,Tim & Demos haven't signed AG.

Reply #586173 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754