North over Sturt by 11
Eastern over South by 15
Norwood over West by 22
Woodville over Southern by 4
Forestville over Centrals by 35

Topic #39343 | Report this topic

Ye  
Years ago

Terrible refing at southern and woodville. Resulted in creek having 2 fts for the game and 0.1 secs left.

Woodville seriously tested them and looked like their equals

Reply #586745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't even comment on what happened tonight at PL. I'm just absolutely disgusted! Even if I did state what happened absolutely nothing would be done about it from the club in question or BASA.

It's just an absolute shame that basketball in SA has gotten to where it is today. Maybe that's why spectator numbers are so low!

Reply #586746 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

For the guys on the forum what exactly happened?

Reply #586747 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Woodville seriously tested them and looked like their equals"

You realise Southern were missing two of their starters in Johns and Dodman? Southern are still miles ahead of everyone else.

Reply #586753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone really need to ask. It was at St Clair and every club has the same experience. Do not let the end result dictate what the talent and team ability is in reality. Put them on neutral ground with neutral refs and the truth would prevail. Yes both teams made mistakes. Many calls were atrocious both ends but some were down right ridiculous and as always consistency between refs and ends was vastly different and if you look at who was in the reffing line up you'll make your own judgement there. But there was chair kicked and it was looking a little green on one bench and the same player year in year out no matter what club was protected again, put on the academy award winning motions to pull the fouls and yes there was the traditional flop with no call or warning. If anyone thinks that a team is stacked with talent and should do better know that they were backed up by their team when needed so the talent goes deep and it was tough, no doubt about it. They were without 2 key players in that house. The other had a full squad and then some. This one has been recorded by Sam Tugwell so you'll get to see it and yes there were many missed open lays and other cringeworthy and brilliant moments by both teams. Judge as you will.

Reply #586754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of makeup calls from opposing refs perhaps

Reply #586755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well seems like there were a few stadiums that were jokes...Add Marion to the list - I think clubs should be embarrassed by the behavior of some folks, especially when they are coaches of other divisions! Why do we even bother when nothing will get done anyways.

Sam Tugwell? What is he going to say? Absolutely nothing!

Reply #586768 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

Refing was terrible, southern got a call when it mattered tho.

Reply #586771 | Report this post

Ye  
Years ago

There is no club in question!! It's bad refing and that's all. Southern was tested (obviously they were short 2 players- but that shit matters)

Everyone's acting like southern have been a good Aba club for years! They were wooden spoons last year and have brought their success this year

Reply #586772 | Report this post

Triple Clutch  
Years ago

I'm confused - what happened with the reffing? Southern got a good deal or Woodville? I've seen Ng play forever & despite his protests, I've never seen him get a raw deal. Was this the first time?

Looks like some teams stepped up - good to see Centrals men having a competitive game.

Reply #586780 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Everyone's acting like southern have been a good Aba club for years! They were wooden spoons last year and have brought their success this year"

No one is acting like they have been a good ABA club for years, that is just your imagination. Majority of teams that are successful recruit well and offer good money for their stars. Woodville did the same last season with Creek.

Reply #586781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Castles Prince was favoured as always with his smooth exaggerations and got away with the flops and the green bench was teched for bad behaviour. The reffing by one was what was expected when he walked in the door. The Southern players who were part of last years team were heroes in the game too stepping up when the others couldn't or were unable to do due to foul trouble or whatever else was going on around the court. Yes the stars made mistakes but that happens under pressure and the circumstances. Woodys two ex stars now at Southern were treated with disrespect as expected from a crowd that couldn't appreciate the season that each of them gave them and the title they won in 14. It would have been disappointing for them and just confirm why they chose not to return there. Usual night at the Castle experienced by many teams. Pity everyone couldn't just sit and enjoy what could have been just a great bunch of players putting on a show and have respect for what every player could do including the opposition. The green import must be wondering what that was all about as the US comps show a lot more respect that that. Once again reffing is key and once again some of it was a let down and control of the game lost and advantages taken. Just watch the replay but you will likely miss the off the ball antics.

Reply #586784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek was not paid anything to play for Woodville last year!! The arrogance of southern supporters is there for all to see. I'm sure other teams can back me up on that

Reply #586785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling and creek have good relationships with the Woodville players actually

Reply #586786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players maybe but how about management?

Reply #586790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You wouldn't have picked it after last night. Looked strained on court and from the crowd. May have been good before but thinking it may not be anymore. Poor form.

Reply #586832 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754