Isaac
Years ago

Warriors vs Thunder - Western Conference Finals

Any tips?

Topic #39380 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

warriors in 6 just too much depth but the Adams vs Bogut match up should be interesting from an Oceania perspective.

Reply #587420 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

OKC are peaking at the right time and their length and athleticism may give GSW some issues.
GSW should take this series and go on to win the title but no one gave OKC a shot at beating the SAS and they did.

Reply #587422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut in doubt, though that could be the usual foxing.

Thunder certainly made the Spurs look unlike their regular selves.

Reply #587442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs are old and it finally showed. In the regular season's ho-hum pace you are fine but when the playoffs come and you face a top team you get exposed and that is exactly what happened.

Reply #587444 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I just don't see how the Thunder can win this, considering their record in 4th quarters of games. You need a full 48 minute performance to beat the Warriors and I'm not sure the Thunder can do that.

That stat on the Thunder's 4th quarter points differential still gives me nightmares - they were worse than the 76ers in 4th quarters during the regular season.

These games and this series will be won on a 2-3 minute span each game..Warriors are simply unbelievable at that. They will have little 2-3 minute spans where they just make every shot and shutout teams completely. By the end of the 2-3 minutes, the other team is usually down 8-10 points and it's game over.

Thunder are going to need to be up big IMO. If it's close at 3/4 time or if they're just up, it's game over.

Reply #587465 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oops, someone forgot to send OKC a copy of the script

Reply #587485 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow - they've made me look like a right fool.

Where has this come from!

Fantastic display of execution in the 4th.

Reply #587486 | Report this post

AuspiciousApple  
Years ago

Adams is going to get a lot of money.

Reply #587487 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Bleacher Report has gone quiet.

Reply #587488 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Opens up the whole series, don't mind this result...

Reply #587490 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

A FB poster said it best.

GSW were up by 10 with about 3 mins to go in the 3rd.

Curry goes 1/7 from the field and commits 4 turnovers thereafter.

If that was Durant, Westbrook or Lebron, they would be getting all sorts thrown at them right now.

Not saying Curry deserves much shade because he rarely does it. Just making the point that its sad to see how the media can influence and trick the general population into attacking certain players.

Reply #587491 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Fans can be fickle, we know that, but here we don't usually see fans throwing things at their own players no matter what.

That's a part of any game I don't care to see...

Reply #587493 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

MACDUB, this thunder team is different to a few months ago in that they are now holding those 4th quarter leads and it feels like Donovan is settling into the coaching role well. If brooks was still in charge they would be out last round.

This win and the win against the spurs would have them pretty confident right now.

That being said it is GSW we are talking about and it's only 1 game...

Reply #587494 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

I love it how that travel wasn't called and people are now losing their sh*t over it. Guess that is what happens when it never gets called you clowns. Hypocritical idiots.

Reply #587495 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I didn't reply if but I thought Curry got away with a massive travel about 30 seconds earlier.

Reply #587497 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

* reply if = replay it

Reply #587498 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

16 points 12 boards for the big Kiwi and Bogut went scoreless. So much for owning Adams and Kanter. Luckily there's a few more games to go.
At least it's looking like a competitive series now.

Reply #587502 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Whoops last post was me. New tablet and had to re-fill name section and had a mare.

Think Adams is doing what OKC hoped Ibaka would become. Defensive terror, rebounder and great finisher.

Reply #587504 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Game 1 of that Spurs/OKC series was like the bombing of pearl harbour, it seems to have awoken a sleeping giant.

Reply #587512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travels all game squaring up to shoot, multiple steps to the basket common all game from both sides and Curry shuffles like a cruise ship deck. Big deal one very small dragged foot by a player attempting to not travel for a change. Make up call for all the slashes on Durant all game. It is what it is, its finals and I can't wait to see the next one and hopefully James and Durant square off before they both retire.

Reply #587513 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I think one thing this series is showing is that GSW turn into massive whingers when calls don't go their way. Their amazing success has made it difficult for them to handle refereeing.

Draymond complains every call. Curry whinges. Kerr whinges.

I don't have a problem with general challenging of the ref but GSW literally argue even the most fairest of calls.

Curry now flopping everywhere.

Reply #587614 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Umm... wow.

Reply #587792 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

One issue with the Warriors that I have seen this game is that they appear so used to winning and getting it done, that they are looking like crumbling under adversity and when things aren't going their way.

That is, their not exactly battle hardened.

Their is a lack of leadership starting to come through as well as it seemingly appears no one is holding the likes of Draymond Green to account - and it looks like no one has brought the team together and said "Hey move on and stop whinging to the refs, come on". Usually, that type of leadership and wisdom comes from the coach, but Kerr is usually the one whingest the most.

Reply #587794 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Also, the Thunder have done an exceptional job of attacking and getting to the basket either to finish or create for others and not settling for J's.

They are starting to expose and really demolish Warriors' weak interior defence and lack of size.

Reply #587795 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A 55-19 scoring run is just outrageous. Against the 73 win clear favourites? GSW are seemingly imploding, including Green whose head doesn't appear to be screwed on straight. All they need is for Green to be suspended for a game and this series could be over.

Reply #587798 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Green should be suspended if Jones copped a game. Fair is fair.

With that being said, not a bad thing for the Thunder if Green doesn't get suspended because the Thunder will continue to dine out if GSW want to play Green with that super-small ball lineup.

Reply #587806 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Adams is legit, has been for a while now, so is OKC and I am starting to get the feeling that we will see Adams and Delly scrapping for the ball on the floor some time soon!

Reply #587829 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I would love for Westbrook and Durant to win a title together at OKC, I also think it would be awesome if they both finished their careers having just played for the one team.

Reply #587831 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not often Demarcus Cousins tweets a bit of wisdom, but i believe he is spot on with this:

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/demarcus-cousins-draymond-green-tweet/

Basically saying that in a losing team everything is magnified and you're a cancer. Whereas, you do those same things in a 73-9 team and it's all fine and swept under the carpet:

"Obsessed with winning and losing your mind when things don't go your way?

In Sacramento you're a cancer.

In Oakland you're heart and soul"

Perhaps Green isn't as bad as Cousins but still it's a point with merit.

There's been ongoing controversies with Green (again, most of which has been hidden because of the teams success) - punching teammates, confrontations, whinging etc.

Reply #587842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I game suspended

Reply #587843 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

No suspension and $25k fine apparently...

Reply #587845 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. This is going to cause an uproar.

Only because Jones just got suspended for something which was much more minor IMO.

Thunder won't mind I don't reckon anyway.

He was -43 in yesterday's game. Yes, he is perhaps the most valuable player for GSW under ordinary circumstances, but I don't think he has worth in this series and Donovan and Co. will be happy to continue to murder GSW if they want to use Green and small ball.

Green's a hell of a player, but the NBA is all about matchups and this series, he is getting exposed by Thunder's size.

Reply #587847 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Disgusting lack of cojones by the NBA. Definitely deliberate by Green, every way I've seen the replay.

I hope the NBA soft stance isn't designed to keep the series more even in order to bring in more $$$

Reply #587880 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Spoiler alert...interesting first half it seems!

Reply #587899 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

GSW taking another huge hammering. Wow, bowing out in the WCF could only be described as embarrassing for a team that won 73 games in the regular season.

I read the other day that only 4% of teams trailing 3-1 in a playoff series go on to win the series.

Reply #587900 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to Scottie and MJ's comments when/if that happens.

Reply #587901 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If it happens, I would love to see a Thunder v Cavs final series...

Reply #587903 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Depressing the amount of wrestling that the refs are allowing in this series. I can understand that they allow a bit of tougher defence, but now it's getting ridiculous.

All credit to OKC for playing tough and getting away with it. They're clearly the better team.

And good luck to the Cavs. I want Delly to get a ring.

Reply #587907 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Pippen's comments will ring through if GSW bow out:

"73-9 don't mean a thing without a ring".

Credit to OKC. They are playing extremely smart basketball, absolutely hammering GSW inside. I love how they aren't settling and are attacking the basket. Going right at the GSW interior defence, which is about as soft as chocolate mouse right now.

Curry was getting absolutely murdered defensively.

Curry should cop plenty of criticism for that game. Lebron has an efficient game, does all he can and will still get mass criticism if his team loses ala last 2 Ronto games (hell, the dude could have 40, 20 and 20 and people would still put a loss on his head).

Curry was awful at both ends, but will probably escape the brunt.

Green is finding out the hard way what it really is like to be 'that dude'. As much as I hate dirty play, it's a refined skill to be able to play the "bad guy" and yet perform better out of it. Guys like Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell, Laimbeer thrived in it. Green is imploding.

I love the maturation in Westbrook's game. He is one of, if not the best in the NBA at the moment. I love his aggression, passion and his intensity. He gives 110% in everything he does.

Reply #587913 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Thunder v Cavs would be a great series, although Cavs need to get themselves there first too!

Reply #587923 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Sorry about the double post.

"73-9 don't mean a thing without a ring".

I don't agree with this entirely. How many teams have won NBA rings - a lot.

How many teams have 73 wins in a season? ONE.

I am glad they chased it down.

Reply #587925 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

It was great to see them chase it down, but it'll certainly detract from the achievement if they don't go on with it like the Bulls did.

Will be a fair effort to come back from where they are now, but would be fantastic to watch if they do!

Reply #587926 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Since 1960, 18 NBA teams have won 65+ games in the regular season.

Only 3 of those teams (16%) didn't go on to win the Championship, and that list includes the 08/09 Cavs in a year the eventual champs the Lakers also won 65+ games.

Barring a miracle however two 65+ win teams will have added themselves to that list this year!

In this context, it will be a massive fail for GSW not to win the Championship. That said, I would not rule out GSW yet, but they seem to have no answers to OKC at present.

Reply #587930 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

With this loss as well, the '96 Bulls cement their record of the best combined regular and post season record of 87-13 (.870). Best GSW can manage is 88-14 (.862).

Reply #587935 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I'm surprised no one has kept this thread alive, with what is turning out to be one amazing series. Advantage back to GSW next game, though neither team can be written off.

In game 6 the Thunder shot a terrible percentage particularly from 3 (13%) and yet with incredible games from Curry and particularly Klay, GSW only just got over the line after trailing all game.

Game 7 tomorrow will be amazing one way or another.

Reply #588137 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Warriors got the headlines, but the Thunder had a handy lead late before throwing it away. Even when they've been shooting more poorly, they've often been in striking distance.

Wonder if they'll start Iguodala over Barnes?

Reply #588138 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, I guess it probably had to go to 7 games in this one didn't it?

I am a bit surprised, but the 'Splash Bros' came good when they had to and the Thunder chocked it up just a bit, so here we are back in Oakland with the ball back in Golden State's back yard for the advantage.

Thing for me is that if GSW get through now, the difference from last year is how fit the Cavs will be compared to how GSW appear to be having a harder time of it!

Bring it on, regardless, should be a clinker of a game 7...

Reply #588144 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

...choked... Not chocked, sorry!

Reply #588145 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

KD and Westbrook stunk in the last 4 minutes and Klay was the man.

Reply #588148 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Typical Thunder to be honest.

Their inconsistency has haunted them for years now.

They had the perfect blueprint to beat the Warriors at home but in typical Thunder fashion they went away from it when they needed to stick to it most.

Ball movement, great offensive decision-making and a willingness to share the ball won them back to back games earlier this series. Why would you not do that in Game 6?

This is the biggest game of the Thunder's franchise

Lose Game 7 and they probably become an average team for the foreseeable future.

Reply #588150 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

KD wants to win a championship, he won't do it playing Hero Ball.

Reply #588154 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Correct, even Le Bron had to learn that the hard way...

Reply #588159 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Couldn't find a way to stay home from work today to watch this game...shattered. I've a feeling the Warriors might have a blow out win..

Reply #588243 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No wonder the C position continues to decline.

Who would want to be a C in the league when you have selfish perimeter players who never feed the post anymore?

Last game, Adams gets the ball in the post, goes to work and gets an And 1 basket on Ezeli - doesn't touch the ball after that though and Durant continues to jack. It's non-sensical not to go back to something that worked previously. Thunder could really murder GSW inside but they tried to beat GSW at their own game from the perimeter.

For all the glitz and glamour of the league, some of the best players in the world could learn a thing or two about junior basketball and sharing the basketball.

As a caveat and in defence of KD, I will acknowledge the role of social media doesn't help.

Because if KD or Lebron pass up all night to other players and shots don't fall, guess what, they cope an absolute beating from the media.

It's a real problem with Basketball and the media and something which I hate about the Sport.

It's like a star player losing a game from 'sharing' the basketball is worse for that star player than shooting 5/20 from the field and shooting them out of the game for a loss.

Reply #588246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mac dub

Yes yes and yes to all your points.

Reply #588249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754