woodville won mens by 3 , i heard.

Reply #45973 | Report this post

reece  
Years ago

wat about the womens?? Does anyone know

Reply #45974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville by 6 (or sumthin along those lines) gd comebak from north down by 15 or so at 3/4 tym

Reply #45976 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Woodville men by 3? What an amazing season if this is true. I sure hope someone has a tape of the game!

Reply #45979 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Great game by Woodville and in particular Elder who was all class in the grand final.

Forestville's luck against Woodville in close games ran out with Brad Sullivan's three pointer to send the game into overtime going in and out.

Reply #45980 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

What a great night, the girls game was a great game 2 watch, North didnt want to lay down with 4 3's in a row in the last 4 mins on the game. was a great game but Forestville held out 2 take the win.

Mens game was up and down all the way threw, It seemed to be a big man game for both sides. Elder from Woodville had a awsome game 10/10 And on the defensive end of the game ill have to give it to Mark Fuller he didnt want to lay down a great effort by him. Dixs had a good game and few spirts from diff players in the blue and gold but just wasnt enough. going down by 3, 85-82.

Top season woodville. Id take my hat off to the team if i was wearing one. A great win for KB (Kevin Brooks)

Reply #45982 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Congratulations to Forestville women (was I the only one to tip them in one of the threads last week?) and Woodville men. The underdogs got up in both games, and what a great season from the Warriors especially.

Reply #45984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beleive it moses the boys by 3
Vera would be smiling with so many Woodville juniors taking out the big one.

Reply #45985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey isaac i was trying to work out who you were..were you sitting in the front row?

Reply #45987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I couldn't make it to the game, unfortunately. Had other things on.

Reply #45988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bronze medal night at Sturt? :)

Reply #45989 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Go the green train!! Choo choo!!!

Reply #45992 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not quite!

Reply #45994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post #45985

Don't think so. 4 out of 5 starters are from other places. But congrats to those who have stuch around and obviously done a great job this year against popular opinion.

Reply #46009 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Yeah they came from other clubs but how long have they been apart of the Green And Gold? I know Luke Mapunda just came over this season and the same for Matt Elder but what about the rest of the side they have been in the side for awhile now.

Reply #46014 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

G-Funk Era - rest have been in the side for a while now? From the 2003 ABL side, there's only five players remaining, being Gary Birmingham, Mark Fuller, Andrew Puddifoot, Paul Rees (who was only part-time then anyway) and Cameron Wilson. The rest are long gone, including the coaching staff.

Lachlan Parker, Darren Ng, Ryan Meakin, Jarrod Graves, Ben Todd, Paul Vandenbergh, Nathan Baggott, Scott Whitmore, James Smith, Jarred Hammond, John Myers and Tracy York.

In 2 years, they've replaced 10 players and 2 coaches ..... and won the lot!

Sensational work guys!

Reply #46016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a/ doesn't make them club juniors,

b/ Mapunda 1st season
Elder 1st season
Pudifoot 4th season
Rees 3rd season
Birmingham 6th season

but I might be a little off

Reply #46017 | Report this post

Another excuse??  
Years ago

anonymous

a/ your a dick.
Bit hard to swallow seeing a team win from last place predictions?

Was Andrew McCleod an Adelaide junior?
Was Tim Duncan born and bred in San Antonio?

Doesn't matter where your from it's where your at.

Reply #46023 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Moses i was commenting on Post #45985 how annon posted that 4 outta the 5 players have come from other clubs. I wasnt stating how many people left, i was stating how long these players have stuck with woodville for some time now, and look what they have achieved. Great job guys

Reply #46024 | Report this post

de bas  
Years ago

Puddifoot 3rd season btw

Reply #46025 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

most of the bench players are woodville jouniors!. pascoe, reeves, gillett ( joined in 16's), steel, miller.then cam wilson. gary may as well be, hes been here for long enough. And yes vera would be very happy of her young warriors. well done again boys, i wonder if kb has taken the net off his neck yet?

Reply #46029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not a woodville supporter and although i feel slightly heartbroken (its hard when one team wins and the other loses) by the events on Sat night, i must congratulate woodville on a hard earned win. They surely put alot of heart in and seem to have great talent and determination, no matter what others say about them. And, some certain players are not bad looking either ;-)

Reply #46046 | Report this post

i take it that due to the fact that no one has bitched about it yet that the reffing in both games was acceptable???
i have chatted with players from both games and from both winning and losing teams and they agreed with me that it was very good reffing by the 4 appointed referee's.
great job guys!!!

Reply #46101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who were the refs for both games?

Refs cop a lot of crap on this site - if they did a good job in the 2 GFs, then they should be acknowledged and congratulated.

Reply #46104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan Wieland / Wayne Maidment Women

Andrew Filmer / Benn McDonald Men

Reply #46109 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whilst I was there in an official capacity and didn't absorb the game as such, I do recall making the comment that the reffing for both games was actually quite good.

Hats off to Nathan, Wayne, Andrew and Benn for a great job!

Reply #46162 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

didnt c the womens but the mens reffing was quite good i thought. well done

Reply #46167 | Report this post

refs did well...  
Years ago

Apart from a bad offensive foul called on Farnam down the stretch which was obviously a flop and which took 2 points and possibly the championship away from the eagles the reffing was good. Not by any means blaming the refs for the result, refs get those sort of calls wrong all the time, and the eagles had plenty of chances to get the win, and considering the rebound count probably didn't deserve the win anyway, but it was a massive call to get wrong. having said that, if it happened in the 1st quarter, I would not be bringing it up now, just a bit hard to swallow as an eagle supporter.

Again well done refs, and to Woodville too. Was a great game to watch, the eagles were always going to make a run, just made it too soon...hitting the lead with about 7 mins to go. I thought their biggest downfall was not doing something about Elder. He was the only one who hurt them(I think the only one in double figures for Woodville). I thought it was a good move putting Dougie on him mid way through the last quarter. Dougie had kept Puddifoot quiet for a lot of the game and when he swapped to Elder, Dougie forced him into a couple of tough shots. Then strangly he was taken off with just 3 or 4 mins to play when the eagles were up by 3, only for Elder and Puddifoot to score big baskets down the stretch. Could have been the difference having him out there in the end.

Oh well, it wasn't to be, two great games to finish off the season, good luck to the teams in Geelong this weekend, although the eagles will struggle without Screen, Smith, Tredwell and Ranford.

Reply #46169 | Report this post

Warrior Fan  
Years ago

A touch of sour grapes there ??? I mean there was a similar call in the preliminary final, that got Cam Wilson fouled out, and possibly lost the game for the warriors, what do u think about that ?

Reply #46206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont try to start something out of nothing Warrior.

The game was reffed quite well. Let's leave it at that.

Reply #46246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:26 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754