LC
Years ago

Motum wins Lithuanian title

Zalgiris have earned the LKL title for the sixth consecutive season with a commanding 97-70 win over BC Neptunas Klaipeda.

Brock Motum was one of the sparks off the bench, scoring 13 points (5/6 FG) with 4 rebounds and 2 assists in a productive 22 minutes. While Angus Brandt also played 22 minutes for Neptunas, contributing 6 points, 6 rebounds and 1 assist in the loss.

EuroView: Motum helps Zalgiris earn 6th straight title

Topic #39484 | Report this topic

Grovermister  
Years ago

Jerome Randle played as well...

and pretty sure he won MVP...

Reply #588962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep

Any chance motum loved playing with randle so much he will return to the sixers??

Reply #588963 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

anon:

we can dream...

Reply #588964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol yea i wasn't being serious

Reply #588965 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Best way to guarantee yourself a title in the LKL is to sign with Zalgiris. Doesn't really mean a lot - they've won the title 18 times out of the last 23 seasons.

Reply #588971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still gotta be good enough for them to sign you. Then also be one of there best players

Still impressive imo

Reply #588972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So MOtum's team won the title. Not Motum.

Reply #588974 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

And obviously Zilgris do that signing just anyone, right Angus? lol

Reply #588976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum and Brandt which might consist of half of Perth's frontline next season in action.

Reply #588981 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ ME; no, they do it by spending enough on their roster to have Brock Motum be a 7th/8th man.

Reply #588982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was already stated that Perth are no longer pursuing motum.

Reply #588983 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Zalgiris would be at a similar level to NZ or Perth, a quality outfit but not as good as the really powerful European teams.

Reply #588994 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's hard to judge considering teams from here and EU never mix, but IMO Zalgiris would stomp Perth or NZ, especially with EU refs. Motum would be starting and scoring about 15-20 PPG in the NBL, depending on the team. They are a step above NBL, but a step below the top level Euro teams.

Reply #589004 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Two of Zalgiris' three leading scorers in the LKL are Randle and Motum. Randle was their GF MVP. They are at a similar level to NZ and Perth, and definitely wouldn't stomp on them.

It's quite easy to get a rough gauge on NZ because so much of their team plays for the Tall Blacks, who are super competitive with European national teams - including Lithuania - with less talent than the Breakers.

Zalgiris has a good chunk of the Litho national team but not the gun big guys, which is what sets them apart from the Tall Blacks. Their perimeter talent is at a similar level.

Reply #589005 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Randle and Motum did well in the finals, and Zalgiris did lose one game by 22 points, but won the other four by 11, 24, 24. and 27, so it wasn't exactly the most competitive series (as you'd expect, given the league's history).

It's speculation, but I think the roles of guys like Randle and Motum on a side like Zalgiris vs. what their roles would be on the Breakers or Wildcats is a reasonable judge of the type of talent on the Zalgiris roster, more so than it is a reflection on the strength of the league. NBL is a stronger league IMO, no question, but Zalgiris is the one big exception, with Lietuvos rytas a question mark.

I think Perth and NZ probably would both have been competitive in the LKL last year because of the big drop off in quality behind Zalgiris and Lietuvos rytas (Neptunas obviously came good in the post season), but I don't think either would beat Zalgiris in a finals series.

Reply #589033 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I think the roles of guys like Randle and Motum on a side like Zalgiris vs. what their roles would be on the Breakers or Wildcats is a reasonable judge of the type of talent on the Zalgiris roster."

Exactly, they are first and third in scoring respectively for Zalgiris. That's pretty similar to what they'd be for Perth or NZ.

There isn't any superstar talent on the Zalgiris roster, many good international role players but nothing more, and nothing that stands above NBL championship teams.

Reply #589035 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754