Ricky
Years ago

2016 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers, Game 3

Warriors / NBA possibly letting Cavs have this one so Warriors can win it all at home?

Topic #39485 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Or the Cavs might just be on fire and GSW have no response?

This could be a series after all.

Reply #588929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No chance a team plays around to engineer a particular scenario. You put it away as soon as you can. Never know when two stars might get injured, for example.

More likely the Cavs were playing worse than usual, Love is a bit of a liability and the home crowd gave them a boost. Also, still early days - the Warriors have done fairly well at reeling in leads in recent games.

Reply #588931 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Warriors to come back

Reply #588939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone still think Delly should have started?

Reply #588940 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I would have thought the Wildcats have done that scenario thing a couple times before, to good effect and profit.. but could be really lucky co-incidence anyhow.

Reply #588943 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Well. That was a big win.

Reply #588947 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No show by GSW to match that of the Cavs in game 2.

Reply #588948 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Did Kevin Love even play in this one?

Huge win, at home, which is starting to confirm my theory that this series will likely go to 7 games with the last one being decided by home town advantage...

Unfortunately, as I would love to see Cav's win the next three games, but that would be something!

Reply #588953 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Bear, held back due to the concussion he had in game 2

Reply #588954 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Love wanted to play but wasn't permitted to. Bring on the "better without Love" pressure. I can see that being the start of difficulties for them, despite the win. LeBron is going to be wondering about his assembled big three if he wasn't already.

Reply #588955 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Irving stepping up was the key to this (I only watched the first half). They scored quickly when they were defending well, and were able to play tough enough to defend the lead. Lebron should have more confidence in Irving at least after that win.

Reply #588957 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It appeared J.R. and a couple of others stepped up, as they need to, but I would still find a spot for K. Love in the team when he is ready and able...

Reply #588958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obvious I would have thought after last finals series without Love and Irving that Thompson and others can take care of Loves business in his absence and replace his absence in the defence as they did today.. Don't want him back, bench him and make him a role player, not a starter. Mozzy did the job as far as size goes so why bother with Love in that department and others were firing on the perimeter as well and legged it on the defence and hustle.

Reply #588975 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Excellent result for the Cavs, but why the 2nd quarter fade-out after the energy in the 1st quarter gave them such a big lead? I think the commentators said that the Cavs often have these fade-outs where they coast and then get clobbered - has that been the case consistently through this post-season?

Reply #589061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard for the Cavs to win if they're only going to play their superstar killer Delly for four minutes a game

Reply #589085 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Series going as expected.

Warriors too good.

Best team of all time. They would crush the Bulls..i'm sorry but its simple math. 3>2. I hate saying that because i'm old school but its true.

Personally, my interest in the NBA is declining substantially.

Onto the Ice Hockey tomorrow. Go Penguins!

Reply #589086 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Told ya they were planning to win it all at home.. Wildcat Style.

Reply #589087 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Getting so annoyed with the criticism of Lebron. Its ridicolous.

Everyone is forgetting that Lebron isn't losing to a 41-41 team - but they make it sound as though the Cavs were huge favourites and that they're playing a team they should smack up.

They're playing a 73-9 GOAT team.

What the hell do people expect?

Cavs and LBJ were massive underdogs.

Reply #589089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll never trash Lebron. Don't like the guy but he puts in 1000% effort every game. With a decent bench this would be a much closer series

Reply #589090 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The Warriors aren't the best team of all time. They're the best team right now, and might end up the best of this generation, but nowhere near all-time.

Reply #589091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're doing what they're doing without Michael Jordan. Yeah they're the GOAT

Reply #589092 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I only feel that way snooch because of the 3 point shooting. Simple math from my perspective. One team will mostly go up in 2's..the other would go up in 3's (obviously not every possessiom but over the course of 48mins its a huge difference).

I just feel this evolution of play is on another stratosphere.

Reply #589093 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

It's impossible to quantify because of the rule changes from generation to generation. The lack of physicality today means it's far easier to score than it ever has been.

In my opinion, if you took today's GSW and simply dropped them into a different era - say the Bulls era - they wouldn't be as effective. But if you dropped the Bulls from that era into today, I'd argue they'd be just as good.

Hubie Brown summed it up best for me on Mike and Mike recently...

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/hubie-brown-breaks-down-why-older-players-hate-on-the-modern-nba/

Reply #589095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice change to see someone being reasonable about it

Reply #589099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, a stunning performance by LeBron and Kyrie and we are going back to Cleveland for game 6, wow just what we all want to see I'm sure!

Reply #589295 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

So Cleveland have started Game 6 OK..

Reply #589398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

somehow can't see delly playing in Cleveland next year

Reply #589410 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Looks that way, hasn't been used in Game 6. Be good to see him leave there with a ring.

Reply #589411 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

From ESPN App: "Steph Curry loses his cool after fouling out and getting ejected, throws mouthpiece that strikes a fan". Wtf?

Reply #589413 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Was a pretty soft foul, but a complete meltdown by Steph. Was the only Warrior to have a half decent game.

Down to a one-and-done with all the pressure back on GSW and with LeBron running riot with nobody who can stop him but himself.

Very interesting, could go either way Monday morning!

Reply #589417 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

There were a bunch of soft calls and phantom fouls in this game for both sides. The refs just weren't on their game today.

Even if the Warriors win game 7, LeBron should win finals MVP. His last few games and overall playoff performances have been transcendent. Nobody on the Warriors - not even Curry - has come close IMO.

Reply #589421 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

I've seen a replay now, can understand the reaction a bit given that they were still in with a chance (just) when that call was made. I'm guessing a fine for the mouthguard throw?

Reply #589422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he has been ejected does that mean he misses the next game?

Reply #589423 | Report this post

Ayesha  
Years ago

The NBA is rigged! I won't stay silent!!

Reply #589424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I won't stay silent!!!!"

*deletes own tweet*

Reply #589425 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It has been a pretty epic final two rounds either way. You have to break a record to stay relevant it seems!

Reply #589428 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

An all-round poor performance in the integrity stakes from Golden State today. From constant whinging about refs, to the Curry incident, to Kerr saying post-match he was glad Curry threw the mouthguard.

Pretty petulant display from all of them really.

Reply #589441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"An all-round poor performance in the integrity stakes from Golden State today"

The last week I think. Complaining about Lebron being a snitch, their family members getting involved (then getting super defensive when called out), Bogut not understanding why Green got suspended....for me, they have eleveted the Cavs to the team I want to win and I hate Lebron with a passion.

Reply #589444 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The only redeeming feature of these Finals is that they have gone the full 7 games.
Other than that, I have found this series to be pretty ordinary in terms of overall entertainment value.

Reply #589448 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

There have been some pretty amazing individual performances in the finals. Kyrie last game was outstanding and LeBron today in pretty much every facet of the game was sublime.
Curry and Thompson have had big games and the likes of Livingston and Tristan Thompson have had their moments.

Reply #589450 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I definitely won't argue about Kyrie G5 & LeBron G6. Even LeBron's G5 was pretty impressive, just overshadowed by something even better.
But overall, the games themselves ... meh.

Monday morning is the perfect chance to go out on a high note. Hopefully we get a close one.

Reply #589458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754