Isaac
Years ago

Opals vs USA, France and Canada

Received by email:

the usa womens team will be playing the opals, france and Canada in a series late july.

Australia v USA at MSG, New York City July 31st final game.

Other games at the Uni of Delaware and Bridgeport Connecticut.

Tickets already on sale (presale) for the Aus v USA match and the other two games on presale in about 12 hours time.
Has this been announced yet?

Topic #39489 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was announced via USA Basketball today, saw it on the social media feeds for USAB, WNBA and every WNBA team with an American Olympian.

Reply #589039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eh, that was good of me to not include a link in my original post. Here's some more info:
http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2016/06/usa-wnt-to-host-four-team-tournament.aspx

Featuring the world's second-ranked team Australia, 2015 FIBA Americas Championship gold medalist Canada and 2012 Olympic silver medalist France, the USA Basketball Showcase tips-off at the University of Delaware’s Bob Carpenter Center with a 5 p.m. (all times listed are local, EDT) start on July 27 for Australia-Canada, followed by a 7:30 p.m. clash between the USA and France. The July 29 games feature a 4:30 p.m. start at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport between Australia and France, while the USA takes on Canada at 7 p.m. On the tournament’s final day at Madison Square Garden, Canada and France tip-off at 1:30 p.m., while the USA and Australia will begin play at 4 p.m.

Reply #589040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We won't be 2nd ranked for much longer..

I think we will drop to fifth or sixth in the next few years.
USA, Spain, Canada, France, Russia all have excellent teams coming through.

Reply #589042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burton or die trying.

Reply #589050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We won't be 2nd ranked for much longer..

I think we will drop to fifth or sixth in the next few years.
USA, Spain, Canada, France, Russia all have excellent teams coming through."

I agree, but replace France with Serbia. France has been on the decline as Dumerc and Gruda age and they don't have the same youth movement as Canada and Russia.

Reply #589068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754